Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Sam Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:28 pm

Ok, here is what has trickled in over the last few months. The Tall T is brand new, the 1/8 Corvette is an old build with very little painted, the 1/16 Corvette is new, as are all of the 1/25 kits. I also found a 40+ car junkyard and an old partial built Ford C600. The really cool thing is the resin cast 1968 chrysler 300 hardtop. A friend of mine has been working on it for quite sometime. I have seven from the first casting. Bodies, bumpers, tail lights, and complete interiors. I realize that Flintstone just came out with a body, and while I have bought a few of his over the years, I find that they are a little thick. The one my friend cast for me is so thin I cannot tell which is thicker, the resin or the plastic.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Recent10

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Recent11

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Recent12

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Recent13

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Recent14

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Recent15
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 9:38 pm

dadooronron wrote:Is there a model of the iceberg in the Titanic kit ?

..an obvious reply, but I couldn't help myself.
There was, but it had already melted... Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 3871844300 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:58 am

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 2704104872  !!!

....and a nice collection of kits Sam, and the built kits can be a great source of parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 11 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm

Lots to build! Good luck and we'll eagerly await developments! You better get the brain in gear!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:00 pm

Nice haul Sam. I LOVE the Chrysler 300!!! That would make a great lowrider.

I had something of a splurge thsi week:

From eBay. At £7.39 including shipping, it would have been impolite not to buy it..... right? LOL

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 _1210

And from my UK wholesaler.... with engine and interior:

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Hbb84810

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Img_9710

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Img_4510

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Img_9711

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Hh798710

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Min35110

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Min35111

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Min35112

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Min35113

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Min35114

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Fri 14 Feb 2014, 12:35 am

that little Protze kit is a great one, really enjoyed doing that one a couple of years ago......as i remember the trails on the gun were a little bit fiddly tho

ive been fancying that SU for ages too lol
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 14 Feb 2014, 1:11 am

Thanks guys, I have a stack of kits at Pauls house I will be picking up next month. Sorry, but no pics. Paul will have to provide them.  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 1705482731 

Al, you have gone completely to the dark side.  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 3298140763 

When we do that F1 build, yours will be done in camo.  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 1792231099 
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:14 pm

The T-34 is fabulous! I luv the detained interior and engine. If that's the way the kit came, it is a really great one! The self-propelled gun is one I know nothing of, but another one with good detail. To me the most challenging kits are always the smallest scale ones, as careful paint detailing is key to bringing reality to models with very few parts and much molded-in. Thanx.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:44 pm

I got these two hard to find kits finally, they both have been started but the price was right

Sonny and Cher Mustang

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 SonnyandCherMustang_zps3dffc152

69 Mustang Coupe

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 69MustangCoupe_zps24d3ed06

and I also got a 70 Mustang coupe by Revell but I don't have a picture of it yet.
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:45 am

Those are some classics. Great additions !
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:37 am

I haven't seen the Sonny and Cher kit is years. Nice score.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:46 pm

I wouldn't say no to the '69 Mustang - great !

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

not a kit but an interesting book.............how the first Tiger tank was captured, its the one in Bovington Tank Museum

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 33vyjv5
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Mon 24 Feb 2014, 3:28 pm

Grants from the Mueller Foundation.
When Don visited me, he left me some castings to play with.
I'm stoked to get started on them .  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 3331969777 

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Thecastings_zpsdcd70c24
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 5:02 pm

Looks like a great deal of fun will be had around your work shop. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by wisdonm Mon 24 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm

Looks like you can get out to the shop. How's the knee doing?

My knee locked up the day after I visited you. They were going to operate on it Dec. 14th but it got canceled because I failed cardiac approval. So on Feb. 9th I had a heart valve replaced and 5 bypasses. The knees healed themselves 4 weeks ago and now I walk about 2.5 miles a day in cardiac rehab. They say I can't do sanding motions for at least another week and have a 10lb weight restriction. At least I don't have to shovel the snow, that never seems to stop, this year.
wisdonm
wisdonm
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:27 pm

wisdonm wrote:Looks like you can get out to the shop. How's the knee doing?

My knee locked up the day after I visited you. They were going to operate on it Dec. 14th but it got canceled because I failed cardiac approval. So on Feb. 9th I had a heart valve replaced and 5 bypasses. The knees healed themselves 4 weeks ago and now I walk about 2.5 miles a day in cardiac rehab. They say I can't do sanding motions for at least another week and have a 10lb weight restriction. At least I don't have to shovel the snow, that never seems to stop, this year.

Glad you got spared a knee operation, Don. Take care of that heart stuff !!
As for my knee, It's feeling pretty good. Minor pains once in a while. Scheduled for a check the 21 of March. If the knee cap has healed, They'll have to operate again to remove the wires that broke. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 3868354571 
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:21 pm

I went to a model contest yesterday and only bought ONE kit.....

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 02-2310

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:11 am

Modern medicine! We may grumble and be shocked at costs, but if it keeps us going in reasonable health, it's good. Heart valves and laparoscopic surgery are becoming routine. Bee well!
I laughed out loud seeing the Sonny and Cher cars. I haven't seen them in ages either and I still remember a model magazine back when that did a spread on how to convert the stock AMT kits to those.
I see the Apache and heard today the military will be phasing out the old U-2 spy planes and the A-10 Warthog (Wild Weasel) as costs rise and the military shrinks.
The 2 resin bodies are a puzzle and I can't say for cert what they are, but they look cool and will make great sources for the magic to come.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wisdonm Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:32 am

One resin body is a '39 Chevy Wagon Rod that is channeled 10 inches and has fade away fenders added. The other is a '56 Corvette Impala show car.
wisdonm
wisdonm
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:32 am

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 2704104872   Harron, that panel is the 39 that Don  channeled and then made a casting of it.
I have to look up the year of that Corvette Impala. Don't know where Don got the original from.
Could possibly have to do a lot of faking with that baby.

OOp. Don answered that questio9n while I was typing mine. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 3331969777
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Fri 28 Feb 2014, 7:03 pm

got one of these earlier today

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 Dxy32r
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 01 Mar 2014, 6:23 pm

Paul, are you going to build it as pictured or do one of your alternate dimension builds?

Ok, here is what I had trickle in over the last week. A guy I know is having to get out of the hobby so he made me a deal on a number of nice kits plus a huge box of supplies. I traded for the big rigs, a 1/12 1967 Corvette, and the Yellow Porsche. The wheels are five spoke cragars with wide whites. The resin engines are both early Mopar Wedge engines, and the parts pack 283 came from Buck along with the Purple Super Clean Olds.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 00710

The chassis from the Super clean Olds will be used under this body....

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 8 012
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 01 Mar 2014, 7:23 pm

Sam wrote:Paul, are you going to build it as pictured or do one of your alternate dimension builds?

*cough*

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com/t1552-red-angel-jet

:D
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:02 am

Don't mind him Paul, he can only follow one thread at a time........LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next