Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside

+14
kpnuts
dublin boy
Skid
hotrodmax
disabled modeler
pete s
Geezerman
Shelby
Sam
Speed Racer 65
Promodmerc
A5h
Johnag
Mr Hirakawa
18 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Empty Re: '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2016, 2:29 am

Speed Racer 65 wrote:Reminds me of a giraffe.

Ha I never thought of that Mitch but ya it totally does.

Back to top Go down

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Empty Re: '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 3:03 am

Got all the Chrome on tonight and started pulling the blue raisin's. I only spent about 10 min's. Sorry guys, you're all going to have to endure the suspense along with me. We're going to have to wait a few more days until we get to see how this turned out.
'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Image222
'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Image223
'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Image224

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Mon 06 Jun 2016, 8:19 am

That is FANTASTIC Curt!!! all the time spent masking will really pay off. A stunning effect.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:10 am

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Image225

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:35 am

Ummm, WOW !!!

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1705482731
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Tue 07 Jun 2016, 5:00 am

That's on the wild side I would say. All those hours of masking and painting really turned out a different and eclectic paint job. Koodos for persevering Curt!
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:24 am

As I expected, stunning. The pinstripes are incredible. '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1705482731
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:45 am

When something like this is 'not your bag' then it can be difficult to get excited about it.

BUT...... what I see here is a lot of creativity, hard work and patience which has paid off handsomely in the end result.

Well done Curt.

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1705482731 '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1705482731

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 07 Jun 2016, 11:18 am

COOL !!! That looks better after the last step than I thought it would !!
Thanks for the nostalgic LSD trip !
'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1792231099
'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 2776978727
( just kidding. In all of my years of foolishness, I have never resorted to doing drugs)!
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 2:39 pm

Thanks guys

Definately a lot of work, and something so far out side the box I can't see the box anymore. I am thinking of doing the blue raisins again and add camel yellow.

Not sure when I will be back at this.  I had the hernia surgery yesterday at noon. Was back home by 4 and feeling no pain, even went into the job to see how things were going. I even managed to work a bit last night on the this to remove the blue raisins. The freezing was still in effect.

Going to bed last night I figured woo hoo I'll be at the bench all day. NOPE, turning over was a beoutch, and quite a lot of discomfort. When I got up this morning I couldn't stand straigh up, so I hobbled down stairs. Them the pain really kicked in. I have had a ton of injuries in my life, broken this dislocated that and nothing ever so bad it made me pass out. Karen found me on the couch doing the fizzling chicken.

I passed out and had seizure from the pain, the swelling is huge, my junk is literally black and blue. Feeling much better now, slammed back two T3's and a bit loopy now.

So wanting to continue with Thai project I am currently searching for inspiration for the trunk area mural, I have a few ideas,  a magic mushroom theme seems to be working for me at the moment. I am thinking a cave with bright mushrooms and mushroom caratures around a fire. Who knows.

Thanks a ton for the continued interest, and comments even if it's not your bag, any feed back and comments are always welcomed. I get inspiration from both positive and constructive comments. Something you may see as off putting my inspire me to try some thing to ton it down or ever spawn something completely new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 4:05 pm

Well then ... Mr Pollock ... eat your heart out .... never have I seen such a splendid display of pavement pizzas on a car.

Enjoyed watching this from the start....... like Al said, even if it isn't your cup of tea, you can appreciate the work that's gone into it.

Hope your bits get better soon mate ... try not to trip out too much on the medication

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm

That is looking fanbleedingbloodytastic Curt. '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1705482731

Hope you mend well,skype me if you want a chat sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:10 pm

Thanks guys.
Nigel, I tried to Skype ya around 11 today.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Tue 07 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

Look after your fecking guts first Curt!

The paint looks pure Haight Ashbury from the day now, I'd nearly leave it alone.

Hope you get better soon.
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 10:15 pm

dublin boy wrote:Look after your fecking guts first Curt!

The paint looks pure Haight Ashbury from the day now, I'd nearly leave it alone.

Hope you get better soon.

Thanks Shay, I Skyped you too today.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Tue 07 Jun 2016, 10:21 pm

I emailed ya back, I'm on.

Just clear it now, no more paint, or I'll send the boys over. '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 1705482731
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Thu 09 Jun 2016, 1:56 am

That turned out absolutely beautiful! Each step takes this further along the 'Garden Road' of fantasy paint jobs. Just excellent!

Rest up and try to contain the fidgety boredom (it's tough, I know). A mantra I've used is, "If I don't push it now I will be back at it sooner rather than later." All the best for a speedy recovery and return '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 3887228019
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 3:56 am

Thanks Kats, my sentiments as well. Less is more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu 09 Jun 2016, 8:48 am

Take it easy Curt and do as the quack tells you.

In the meantime, I think I found a new project for you:

'41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 Lincol10

Skype you soon.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Thu 09 Jun 2016, 8:50 am

Nauseatastic AL!! '41 Willy's Pro Street Curbside - Page 9 50283314
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Thu 09 Jun 2016, 3:00 pm

Get better soon Curt.

I love your paint scheme as is. It looks absolutely fantastic. So much fun seeing how it is done and how it comes together. Congrats on great painting.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016, 11:14 pm

Thanks guys, feeling much better. Still need to stay on the couch for a couple more days.

OMG that is one messed up scheme. It needs a colour change top coat that would make I all better. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodmax Fri 10 Jun 2016, 11:32 pm

Absolutely stunning work Curt! That thing screams Gasser to me!! That paint work amazing!

On a side note I should have warned you about the hernia pain, I am a pretty tough guy and it had me blubbering like a little girl. lol
hotrodmax
hotrodmax
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016, 12:41 am

hotrodmax wrote:Absolutely stunning work Curt! That thing screams Gasser to me!! That paint work amazing!

On a side note I should have warned you about the hernia pain, I am a pretty tough guy and it had me blubbering like a little girl. lol

Thanks Max.

Ya the worst pain ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Sat 11 Jun 2016, 1:30 am

Curt just sit back on the couch with a sketchpad and let yourself mend. The model will still be there when you're well.

Great work.
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next