Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod

Go down

'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod Empty '32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2020, 3:19 am

I figured that now is a good time to start this project for the upcoming Classic Plastic Model Club Exhibition Club Challenge in October. This is the AMT '32 Ford Phaeton and I will be building this straight out of the box in honor of the late Barry Fadden. I will be building this as a hot rod/street rod.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod Hv8Re7i
My paints will be Testors One Coat Lacquer Mystic Emerald for the body and Tamiya TS-14 Gloss Black for the fenders. Barry had built a '27 Ford in a simular color combo and his model is the influence for this build.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod AvTeW3P
The instructions are calling for the same size tire all around and to me, it has to be big 'n littles. The engine will be a modern V8. Thank you AMT for including an engine stand in the kit!
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod 4GOl3nh
More Phaeton to come...

Back to top Go down

'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod Empty Re: '32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod

Post by Guest Sun 24 May 2020, 11:19 pm

I had the paintbooth fired up to paint some parts for my '60 Chevy Fleetside, so I dug out the Testors Mystic Emerald and painted the wheels, grille and dashboard. I would have painted the body as well, but I am still doing bodywork on it.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod EAE72NT
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod GQAqrql
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod LV0pqCf
More '32 Phaeton to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2020, 1:27 pm

I got the body and fenders painted yesterday afternoon.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod CsYRRmj
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod YdQG9sS
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod ZvEuORR
More to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 May 2020, 4:05 pm

I got the wheels, tires and the chassis painted and assembled and I painted the exhaust, gas tank, spare tire carrier and the firewall.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod Dzda2kX
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod PUIc1NW
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod UDgIyqm
More Phaeton to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 02 Jun 2020, 1:07 am

Always glad to see multiple fotos, especially of the suspension and engine! . Green, hmmm, maybe a white top for contrast?

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2020, 1:16 pm

Thanks harron68! I was thinking of matching the top color with the interior color of Tamiya TS-46 Light Sand if I use the top at all. We shall see.

Well, at this point, if appears that the Classic Plastic Model Club Exhibition may not happen this year. I am too far along to stop, so I'll finish this build as if the Exhibition will happen in October.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2020, 5:07 pm

I got the '32 up on four wheels and did a mockup with the body. It is looking good with the lowered front suspension, but I wished I could have lowered it some more. So far, the rake is good. The interior and the engine has been painted. The engine was painted a second time using some Humbrol Dragoon Green and I will clearcoat it with some Semi Gloss Clear later. The steering wheel and the windshield frame will be painted with Alclad II Gloss Black Base and then with Alclad II Chrome followed by Alclad II Kleer Kote.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod UT2mYFj
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod KELQXfE
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod VI2tYoQ
More Phaeton to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm

I got my parts cleaned up and mounted to be sprayed with Alclad II Gloss Black Base and Alclad II Chrome. The dash has been inserted into the body and interior and the chassis is mostly completed, just needs the radiator hose.
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod J2eDea3
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod D1W4AzH
'32 Ford Phaeton Street Rod Uyy0qiQ
More Phaeton to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down