Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by A5h Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:54 pm

It would be good to know others eBay names..

Think I have about 10 years worth of building now at the rate I complete them
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Skid Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:13 pm

beowulf wrote:you git!.....i was watching that from the same place lol lol

Heh! Heh!!

Thinking Tyneside show were we?

There's two more of them on eBay right now Paul but you'll pay almost double what I paid. Got me a bargain methinks!!!

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:21 am

lol.....no i wasnt actually......i just liked it cos it was something different 2 wheels wise

im toying with going 1/9 scale for june ;)
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:24 pm

I've got that same bike, Al, but with different box art.

This just arrived today.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 B001-th

A little history on the Brough:
■George Brough started the motor cycle maker “Brough Superior motocycles” at the United Kingdom in the year of 1919. It is famed for the superior quality of the products, as all motorcycles are totally hand made and it was called “Rolls-Royce of Motorcycles”.
The Brough Superior motorcycles company stopped production in 1940. However, some “Brough” maniacs in the modern age start to reborn the motorcycle under the name of Brough.
■Among all motorcycles produced from Brough Superior, the SS(Super Sports)100 was famous for its 1000cc air cooled V-twin engine, and the British military officer T. E. Lawrence (a.k.a. Lawrence of Arabia) was the owner of the first batch production.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Brough_superior_1931_photo_lg-th

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 01 Dec 2015, 1:27 am

Looks like a Harley......

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 3087314979
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Tue 01 Dec 2015, 8:35 am

2whl wrote:

A little history on the Brough:
■George Brough started the motor cycle maker “Brough Superior motocycles” at the United Kingdom in the year of 1919. It is famed for the superior quality of the products, as all motorcycles are totally hand made and it was called “Rolls-Royce of Motorcycles”.
The Brough Superior motorcycles company stopped production in 1940. However, some “Brough” maniacs in the modern age start to reborn the motorcycle under the name of Brough.
■Among all motorcycles produced from Brough Superior, the SS(Super Sports)100 was famous for its 1000cc air cooled V-twin engine, and the British military officer T. E. Lawrence (a.k.a. Lawrence of Arabia) was the owner of the first batch production.

and made in my old home city.....in fact when i bought my Renault the dealership was on the same road as Boughs factory had been

Sam wrote:Looks like a Harley......

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 6hu8ll
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:23 pm

Hiroboy black friday order arrived..

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Hirobo10
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Fri 11 Dec 2015, 7:26 pm

Last additions of this year,

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Img_1224

Managed to get me one of these at last for a reasonable price, offered the guy £30 for it all in and he wouldnt accept, in the end I bedded for it and it was less than £25 so very happy indeed Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 1705482731

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Img_1225

A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:11 am

i like the nastro azzuro one

i know when i did the 1/9 rcv the decals alone took me a week cos thee was so many
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sun 20 Dec 2015, 10:39 pm

I cant remember if theres loads in this mate I built it about 6 years ago.. Though this 06 Stoner version has a hell of a lot more than the 03.. Wowsers I have never seen so many its gonna put me off bike building at this rate, which is not good considering another one was delivered yesterday and I now have 15 left in my stash

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Img_1325

A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Fri 25 Dec 2015, 8:27 pm

got a few from the memsahib and the kids this crimbo

never done a balsa kit, always wanted to, so this will be a challenge
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 28ls3eu

had a German truck of some description on my wishlist for ages since i need a tow vehicle for a 20mm Flak gun
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 Oh441

i remember doing one of these back in the early 80s.....glad they have reissued it
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 2w2hf8h
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:44 pm

Got these babies for Christmas  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 1705482731
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 000_2743_zpsm8q5gxxk
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 26 Dec 2015, 5:39 pm

i like the one with the trailer
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 6:28 pm

Nice, Clay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun 27 Dec 2015, 6:42 am

Someone was good this year Clay. Can't wait to see your rendition of the street rod.
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Fri 01 Jan 2016, 1:22 am

Paul you got some nice kits and that balsa airplane will be fun to build but it does have a different style of building than a plastic one but you can fly it when done  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 1705482731

Clay you got some good kits and I'm waiting to see what you do with them  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 2776978727

As soon as Photo bucket starts acting right I'll post what Santa got me this year  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 3887228019
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Fri 01 Jan 2016, 4:27 pm

What I got from Santa

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 PICT0481_zpstcwiuhia

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 PICT0504_zpsgy25nbmq

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 PICT0501_zps0nmgymff

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 PICT0502_zpsqtpjxope

and another paint stand Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 3887228019
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Fri 01 Jan 2016, 8:18 pm

nice haul, i like the funny car
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sat 02 Jan 2016, 12:09 am

The Fiat has very delicate suspension, as I think was mentioned here a while back.  I had one when it originally came out and suspension parts snapped.  Large scale Hawaiian and 'Stang (?) will be good for any collection.  Best of luck to everyone!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 02 Jan 2016, 8:28 pm

first one of the year................thats one resolution already blown lol

ive made this before, a long time ago when i first got back into this lark and i want to have another crack at it,and for under a fiver it would have been rude not to lol

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 I2se1f
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 02 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm

Love it Paul!
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun 03 Jan 2016, 5:34 am

We had to go pick up our new contact lenses and glasses today, so it was a good excuse to look for the right color paint for the Wolf. The hobby shop was a bust, then Michael's was a bigger bust, BUT Hobby lobby was on the way home and it was just right. I looked at pics of the real car and found that the dark blue was so dark it looked black in a lot of the pics and that it was a solid color not a metallic. What I came up with was a color in a line of paints I had never used before. Its a line of paint called Wicked Colors by Createx. Its 061 Cobalt Blue and appears to be a really dark solid blue. So I will call it good no matter how it looks when its sprayed. The other thing I found was a 1/8 Honda Trail 70. The first motorcycle I ever rode when a neighbor was teaching me to ride when I was 9. I have since owned a couple of my own. The one the neighbor had was an H model in the bright green metallic. So I picked up the appropriate color.

I also looked up the Hobby Lobby website on my smart phone and saw that there was a 40% off coupon that expired today. That was the clincher.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 100_7017
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sun 03 Jan 2016, 9:31 am

Sam wrote:

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 39 100_7017

now that is nice!

over here they were called the Dax
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sun 03 Jan 2016, 9:44 am

Don't want to rain on your parade Sam but that blue doesn't look dark enough.

If you can get it, Zero paints sell the correct shade. I know someone here or on the other site recently got Zero paints over there...... I think it may have been from Canada.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 04 Jan 2016, 3:09 am

Don't worry Al, its good enough for who its for...and that is me. lol That, and its actually darker than the picture shows, the flash really brightened it up. Its almost the same color as the black label.
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next