Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by RetiredMike Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:02 am

This one came in the mail yesterday - a little late for the Community Build.  Great looking kit - 1/72 scale and exposed engines of 30 pieces each.  No decals for the wild paint schemes though.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Stash310
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by harron68 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:27 pm

Felixstowe looks advanced for WWI.  There's a lot of plane for two engines, but in those days so much was doped fabric and wood.  Foto shows plenty of wires too!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:52 pm

I like that Mike, there's always a certain something about "sea-planes"

You're not too late to start the community build, you have until the end of Nov to make a start i'm sure ... i've not even got mine out the box yet due to a state of being MoJo-less at the mo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 5:22 pm

Super cool subject, you can start it now before the next one starts and then it is open ended so you can take your time on the build. If you don't join in the CB I would still love to see a good WIP on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Tue 10 Nov 2015, 2:30 am

I'm going to go real slow on that one by the looks of the parts sprues. Also I want to look around for the fuselage artwork decals and PE if they exist.

There's a nice WIP on the Aerodrome site.
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?s=9cea93e5faa9f30198536d4d6b9b8c6f&t=45994
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

Fotos of the "dazzle" paint schemes are surprising.  The seaplane is quite a neat model.  Best o' luck!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:21 pm

Went to Hobby Lobby with coupons and got these

Starsky & Hutch Torino

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 PICT0456_zpske7rmfzb

A-10 Warthog in 1/48th scale

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 PICT0455_zps5dbyh6lx

and found a place on line for decal paper ( http://decalpaper.com ) so I ordered a starter pack of 10 white and 10 clear for $25.00 shipped

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 PICT0457_zpsmenemcsu

White is on the left and clear is on the right, they are 8 1/2" X 11" and look good. Now I can make some of the decal's for some stalled projects I have and I'll let you all know how they work out  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 3887228019
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:56 pm

id like to see you build the torino......one of those classic tv cars like the general lee or the a team van
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sun 15 Nov 2015, 6:59 pm

I like the Torino too, very nearly bought one the other day but forgot to go back for it.

More into the stash, some have not arrived yet but others are already collecting dust with the rest

This to go with the other 2 Memorial collection cars I have

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 _57_110

For the Casey Stoner RC211V (which I plan to start in the next couple of months)

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 _5710

Too cheap to leave it, cost me £23!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 _1210

Something a little different

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 _12_110

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Img_1112

This was started but very little done to it

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Img_1113

Another steal at £24 with the transkit, this is to be my next build

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Img_1114

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Img_1115
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:37 pm

You have some good ones there Ash, I particularly like the looks of the Ford GT Mark II

So first off a big thank you to Paul (2wl) He has been holding on to a kit for me for months until I could catch up on things. He is one great guy. In the picture its the Gunze Sangyo High Tech Ferrari GTO, WHAT A KIT !! Thanks again Paul.

From the model show I went to, I won in the raffle the Olds 442 and the tire pack, great tires. I did a little trading and brought home the Hubley Duesenberg and the built 1/8 Bobtail T. Between it and the one I already have, I should be able to build one. The 1/12 Ferrari F40 was started but the price was too good especially when you add the Wolf WR1 that he threw in. I have that kit already, the first Tamiya kit I ever bought, brand new in 1979. Over the years I lost the rear tires, this kit was started and the tires were still in the bag, so I can now finish my oldest wip. lol The Jag kit was because I want a 1:1 someday. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 3887228019

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 20151110
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 16 Nov 2015, 5:41 pm

latest edition to the stash, another for my growing collection of Triple-A that i intend on building sometime in 2016/17

for those that dont read cyrillic.......

the truck is a Gaz-66......multi purpose truck made from mid 60s to about 2000, used as a basis for all sorts of things, still in wide spread use the world over..............the gun is a ZU-23, again used all over since way back when

apparently you can build this towing the gun, rather than mounting it, which id prefer to do, then load up the truck with gubbins, but we shall see

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 9ih3yd
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:13 pm

i was watching that Gunze Ferrari on eBay the other day hoping no one else had seen it as I put a bid on. Alas many folks had and it went for £78 + postage in the end. I was gutted.

Nice truck Paul didn't go for the Miniart version then, perhaps the 1 million parts put you off lol?
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm

A5h wrote:

Nice truck Paul didn't go for the Miniart version then, perhaps the 1 million parts put you off lol?

you mean the one with 4 Maxim machine guns?

thats a WW2 one, this is 'modern'......................and this was only 12 quid lol
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:35 pm

I'm naive they all look the same to me :(
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:53 pm

A5h wrote:I'm naive they all look the same to me :(

lol! i have a 'professional' interest in AAA

this now makes 9 kits of the subject to get made
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:01 pm

So get moving slacker :)
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:42 pm

A5h wrote:So get moving slacker :)

lol, got to fit them in round next years full GB calendar
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Thu 19 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

This one just arrived and it looks like a real rigging challenge compared to the recent Handley Page O-400.   With this I'll have 3 WWI heavy bombers:  Handley Page, Gotha and Ilya Muromets. 1 down 2 to go.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Ilya0010
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu 19 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm

That looks interesting Mike, good luck with the rigging!!

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sun 22 Nov 2015, 1:23 am

Got this from e-bay for $20.00 shipped, not sure if I bought it or stole it !!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 PICT0463_zpsrdjfwol1

Modelhause 58 Ford hard top with dash, has a nice paint job but the trim is painted on so I might clean the trim and BMF it. I have all the parts for this so some time next year I'll put her together.

Got 3 decals coming in that I've been looking for and already have the body's, just more fun for down the road as they say Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 3887228019
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:24 pm

so heres my haul from Airfix Black Friday sale
cost me 31 quid.......saved 54 quid......ordered monday 19:30 arrived thursday 12:30......which i think is pretty good

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 1z1wswz
never managed to do a biplane properly yet but for a only fiver its got to worth another go

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 R04ggk
i can remember doing this back in the mid 70s when i was a teenager...always wanted to have another go now even tho its a funny scale

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 2rfas8h
truely ancient kit.....came out first in 1962......one of those that when i was a kid it was always in the catalogue but since back as a kid i was only interested in military stuff i never bothered with it
it appeals now cos its something a little different

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 2uqf1pu
another from way back then, i can remember building it in the French acrobatic team blue scheme

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 W06lnp
and i know i keep saying 1/48 is a weird scale for vehicles but i had to buy something about 4 quid to take it over the 30 quid to get free postage, and this was £4.99 lol
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sun 29 Nov 2015, 6:33 pm

I like the Bus Paul.

I fancy doing another bike..... so I just bought this of eBay:

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 _1211

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sun 29 Nov 2015, 7:02 pm

you git!.....i was watching that from the same place lol lol
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm

There's lots of bikes on ebay, go grab yourself 1 or 2 or 3!!

My black friday weekend purchases, Hiroboy order should be here in the next few days

Wanted a hobby drill and this was half price from argos

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Img_1213

Yet another Union/Heller kit, I just like the look of them, not built one yet but this makes 4 in the stash now

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 917k10

Finally something a little different (in colour anyway)

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 38 Img_1214

A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:39 pm

Jeez guys!  So many kits, but I wonder when you'll each get to the piles accumulated?  I can imagine some of you unknowingly bidding up e-bay models against each other!  That's funny!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next