Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerosan RF-8 Soviet snow attack vehicle

+2
beowulf
Skid
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aerosan RF-8 Soviet snow attack vehicle - Page 2 Empty Re: Aerosan RF-8 Soviet snow attack vehicle

Post by Skid Wed 18 Feb 2015, 6:36 pm

I'm confused. Why do you say the cover wasn't painted? wrote:

You had me confused too there Mike for a moment. Call it a senior moment between us.... I was refering to not painting the engine!!! LOL

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Aerosan RF-8 Soviet snow attack vehicle - Page 2 Empty Re: Aerosan RF-8 Soviet snow attack vehicle

Post by RetiredMike Thu 19 Feb 2015, 2:24 pm

Engine's painted too, Al. It's olive green with a dark grey gear box/prop drive and gunmetal manifolds.
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Mon 23 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm

I'm finally calling this one finished.  I've tried a few times painting the faces of these two fellows, but I've never been a figure painter and never will be.

The figures are in - a real PITA.  The gunner was hunched over so much that the MG wouldn't fit.  I CA'd his back against the seat with knees higher up and the gun just made it in.  The driver was also hunched over, but the problem there was if you glued the steering wheel in, there was no way the driver could be put in afterwards.  If you glued the driver in first, the wheel couldn't go in.  I finally cut off some of the steering column length, placed it in his grip, then glued the whole thing in.  If you look very closely inside, the wheel doesn't line up with its hole.

The acetate headlight lens was very difficult to cut out since the diecut was very superficial.  It ended up looking terrible, so I got a lens from the parts box and used that.  The windscreen fit very well and I used Tamiya rub-on snow weathering to simulate frost buildup.

Aerosan RF-8 Soviet snow attack vehicle - Page 2 Aerosa10

A very good quality kit, but figure painting is not for me.  So, it's goodbye dark side.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Mike
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm

I really enjoyed following along on this OTB. It was well written and fun to follow. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2