Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine

4 posters

Go down

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Empty Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine

Post by RetiredMike Mon 23 Mar 2015, 6:36 pm

Built this one for a GB on another forum.  The Trumpeter kit was very well done with no major problems.  The only slight problem encountered was getting the driver and steering wheel in together.  

Also, you'll have to forgive the face painting on the figures - it's definitely not my cup of tea.

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa11

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa12

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa13

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa14

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa15

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa16

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa17

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa18

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Aerosa19

Mike
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Empty Re: Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

Unusual topic very well done ...... the more you look the more detailing you see, i like that !!!!

Back to top Go down

Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine Empty Re: Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:03 pm

A really unique model. I wouldn't worry about the face color. As cold as it was, that color may be spot on. Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine 1705482731

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Unusual subject, vert nicely done. Soviet Aerosan RF-8 Fast Attack Snow Machine 1705482731
stevegt738
stevegt738
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:32 pm

I think it turned out great Mike. I love the frost on the windscreen.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:53 am

Superb light weathering! Faces are fine, if maybe a bit dark in pigment. Still, some Siberian Russians are indigenous "Eskimo" in color. I'm very impressed with these small scale models. Only improvements I could imagine would be replacing the windshield with some flat plastic from leftover packaging today,. which would be both thin and clear. Also the headlight cover in clear has the burr filed area showing instead of maybe facing the bottom where it wouldn't be noticed. Great work, beautiful with the two figures adding realism!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm

Good subject and it is very well done. I never knew this kit existed, now that I have watched you build it I am on the look out for one. Hoping to find one at Model fest next month, it's a big venders show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down