Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture)

+3
Geezerman
webby
Skid
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture) - Page 4 Empty Re: MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

Ditto what them guys said.

Back to top Go down

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture) - Page 4 Empty Re: MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture)

Post by Skid Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:15 pm

Last update before the NMA:

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture) - Page 4 00354

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture) - Page 4 00447

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:54 pm

Looks good, like the base... Nice and simple.

Constructive criticism if I may?
are you painting the wooden inner parts of the traction blocks a more wooden colour? To me they look a little odd matching the camouflage exactly as they do now, they would have been added after the tank was painted I presume and therefore painted/stained differently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:03 pm

Thanks Colin.

The base is just a piece of scrap expanded polystyrene packaging I had lying around. Now I wonder who gave me that idea!! LOL

I did think about it but decided against it for several reasons.

1: I know this is an old monochrome photo but in it, they look just about the same colour as the tank. maybe even a little darker.

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture) - Page 4 Whippe11

2: In this photo, although a superb model, they stick out like a Johnny in the vatican. To me, it looks more like a restored Whippet would look like.

MkA Whippet WWI Medium Tank 1918 (German capture) - Page 4 Gwb01p11

3: The final and crucial reason..... it's a German captured Whippet and I figure they would have simply painted the whole tank in their field colours.

Last edited by Skid on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:10 am

Polystyrene is your friend! Lol

You know.... I got that much into watching this build and doing research because I'd like to have a bash at one..... I forgot that this was a captured vehicle.... So reason 3 covers it nicely.

Maybe I need to up my meds... Heh Heh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

It looks great, Skid !!
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:46 am

Thanks Clay. It's finished now and in the Finished Works forum.

You know.... I got that much into watching this build and doing research because I'd like to have a bash at one..... I forgot that this was a captured vehicle.... So reason 3 covers it nicely. wrote:

It's academic really, as the Germans only captured two Whippets in working order and both were used for training purposes, so they may not have even bee re-painted at all.!!!!! Whereas, I chose to represent mine as a WWI capured 'fighting' vehicle, so in reality it is something of a fantasy tank.

I'd like to have a bash at one..... wrote:

Go for it Colin. The basic kit isn't anything to write home about but you'll have great fun scratchbuilding some stuff for it and then there is the weathering. Emhar also do a 1:72 version which I think I'm going to buy.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4