Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by beowulf Thu 01 Aug 2013, 9:37 pm

the Revell Hurricane and Me262 were £1.99 each, the Academy Tornado was £2.99

so thats 3 kits for £6.97/$10.50us bargain! lol

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 28wfakj
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Qpjvas
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 330zsdi

the interesting thing about the Tonka is although the box art shows a camoed plane the paint callouts and the decals are 'Mig Eater'
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by john2308 Sat 03 Aug 2013, 7:36 pm

Had a plastic flea market today ( 8-3-13 ) and this is what I brought home Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 524092055

Kits

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 8-3-1_zpsdec6432d

and three resin body's

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 8-3-2_zpsd2b3cfc6

on top is a 58 Ford Hardtop, on the left is a 57 Ford Country Squire and on the right is a 57 Ford Country Sedan

Made some good deals and I have a 70 Mustang Grande ( parts kit ) coming in Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 3887228019  Not a bad day.
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 4:08 am

Had a good week on e-bay also Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 524092055 

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 E-bay8-3_zps2ec98e62

and got a few more coming in next week also. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 3331969777 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm

HA! I see a tiny Avro biplane and I think I have the same kit! That is one rare one. I always wanted to do it and superdetail it because everything from "cockpit" to engine is visible. I have built the Messer 262 in 1/72 and tho its detail wasn't great, it was fun. The car kits youze guys really cleaned up on. Hope to see some of these latest deals getting built here!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:02 pm

This weeks e-bay finds

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 8-16-13_zpsbf410751

Been looking for the 69 Mustang Grande and a XKE kit for a long time but not any more. The carrier and the Hemi under glass kits where just their at a price I couldn'tsay no to.
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 18 Aug 2013, 1:46 am

Whew, what a haul youze all made!! We'll have fun this Winter seeing what you do with them! My faves, the old Aurora Jag and A La Kart. Ford wagon resins will look great stock or as surf wagons! Thanx all!!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Sun 18 Aug 2013, 8:57 am

Ford wagons look cool !!!
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:27 pm

Just scored this of eBay for the Sci-Fi build (assuming it goes ahead)

A ten spot (inc shipping)or a twenty five quid kit!!  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 524092055

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 T2ec1610

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Stap0010

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Stap0011

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:52 pm

Skid wrote:Just scored this of eBay for the Sci-Fi build (assuming it goes ahead)

id do a bit of reading up on that one, Al.........its notorious as being a bit 'difficult'......it all comes down to having a multi jointed figure to attach to a fragile STAP in four locations, one of those that need 4 or 5 hands at once, and the figure dosnt 'pose' right....cant remember what the fix is, been a long time since i researched it

ive had one in the stash for about 5 years and keep chickening out Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 2704104872 

but i still look forward to seeing you build it
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sun 25 Aug 2013, 1:33 pm

had some free time this morning so thought id pay a visit in the city, see how close ModelZone is to closing.............good job i did.....4 days left!

going to miss the place, especially their Revell sales once a year

still had quite a lot in at sensible sale prices................i wasnt really looking to buy any kits, already got too many in the stash, i really went looking for paint/weathering stuff/etc but i couldnt pass these up

this is sort of a grail kit for me even tho its readily available, just never got round to buying it!.....ive done the Tamiya Celica rally car, got the Corolla rally car to do and now this.............all three in Castrol scheme

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 2efqp38

coudnt pass this up for a tenner.......there was an extra 10% off the price on the box.......ive been watching someone light up a DS9 and fancied doing it myself..........got a cheap and easy idea to do it to this one

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 4qo6x0

and i really had to get this!.........ive really been fancying doing something REALLY different.......a single cylinder 4 stroke cutaway engine

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 24m8fio

i used to work for a certain japanese car manufacturer in the UK...........was once on a training course.........the guy taking the course took us to the engine manufacturing plant and in reception there was a cutaway 4 pot inline......you could spin the crank and see all the valve gear and pistons etc doing what they should.....thing is although he was taking the course he didnt have a clue how an engine worked!!!!........i ended up running thro it for him lol lol........'suck, squeeze, bang, blow'..........he had never heard of that either!
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 5:07 pm

Iam liking that engine kit. Never seen it before. I am going to go on the look out for one.

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:04 am

Here is what I got from e-bay since the last time, got good deals on all of them I think

Kits

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Kits9-6-13_zps51e81fa1

Resin

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Resin9-6-13_zpsc8c36622
on the right is a 57 Ford Ranchero with a stock roof, on the left is a 59 Ford Ranchero and in the back is a 59 Ford Country Sedan Wagon

Built Trucks

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Trucks9-6-13_zpsa4919a99
On the right is a 1960 F-100 and on the left is a 1963 F-100 with the kit camper shell and a push bar. Been wanting one or 2 of these trucks for a long time but always too pricey until these 2 came along and in my price range also SSSSSSoooooooo I got um.

And yes I do have plans for all of them later down the road.
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Codfather Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:40 am

Two eBay wins for me:
First off, the Tamiya Porsche Carrera GT. Not a kit I would usually be interested in, but I plan to turn this Porsche into a 1960's style open top sports racing car, from the future.....sort of....
Anyway, it was £6, so I could hardly pass it up.
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 1069984

Secondly, an old Airfix Avro Anson. There is a brilliant (and rather long) story to go with this build, but you'll have to wait to hear it.
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 1069898
That's all for now.
Codfather
Codfather

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:03 am

Never saw the Avro Anson before. That is truly strange, more like something the Italian Air Force may have cobbled together. What was their company...Caproni?? Anyway, it will take its place proudly and fill in a gap in a collection. Very unusual indeed!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:53 am

harron68 wrote:Never saw the Avro Anson before.

was a RAF workhorse.....was in production for nearly 20 years and in service for over 30

my late father worked on them when he was a Technician in the RAF. once told me how the King paid an inspection visit to the station and his Anson went unservicable, dad had to replace/repair some of the instrumentaion
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Codfather Sun 08 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm

The Anson was a truly multipurpose aircraft and the first monoplane used by the RAF to incorporate retractable landing gear as such.
It was also the second most numerous multi engined British aircraft, by production numbers, after the Vickers Wellington (which I shall be building shortly).
Codfather
Codfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:03 am

Since I have already built Tamiya's James Hunt Mclaren M23 and since I have recently seen Rush the movie, I suppose it was inevitable that this one would arrive in the post!!! LOL.

Nikki Lauda's 1976 drive.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Post-244

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 1:15 am

Went to Wheaton, IL. model convention today (22nd) and saw the Avro Anson kit and had to chuckle. Now I've seen one built and one unbuilt! Sad to say the shows are ever shrinking here, less than a third of the volume of decades ago. Mostly old pfartz attending and selling. If we want the hobby to stay alive we need to buy and build and display. That's where these e-clubs can really inspire. I bought stuff and I'm not building these days! Hope the Autumn brings us time and creativity here and at other sites. The show may be small, but a great time was had by all!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:28 pm

last Saturday I went to a Hobby Town in Silverdale, Washington. About 240 mile round trip. So while I was there I bopught some new stuff to work on. I had been wanting a sailing ship to build for 3 or 4 years now. I found this one on sale and pulled the trigger.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 103_0612

Also picked up some car kits.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 103_0613

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 103_0614

I found their prices to be higher than those on Ebay but then again no postage and shipping to pay. I guess it was a wash. I am thinking a once a year trip will work out fine for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 07 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm

Nice additions Buck !
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 08 Oct 2013, 2:10 am

I like that ship and the midget. They'll be cool !

Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:15 am

So you finally got your ship 001  got some good cars also, with e-bay shopping the price + shipping come out to be either the same or a little higher than the price at the LHS Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 3887228019 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by BrentH Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:24 am

Bucks ship just came in LOL
BrentH
BrentH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 6:14 am

I like that Brent, "My ship has come in." Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 3887228019 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

OH..NO!! ...with 50+ models of my own to finish!  My son had loft clear-out and has given me all his stash of unstarted kits, FREE!

...and look, a '66 Notchback Mustang, that I could have used for my Historic Race Car thread.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 4 Freekits_zps18610fe5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next