Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by A5h Sun 11 Jan 2015, 8:43 pm

Hmm so perhaps I should drop the water and use just the chemicals..

Im reading many many pages now and it seems that no one really knows how to use this stuff.. Too many mixed instructions, more pages ahoy but thanks I will try that next time.
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Sam Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:30 pm

Ash, these are for different purposes.

Testors decal bonder is for sealing in your decal sheet so the decals do not fall apart when you put them in water, or to seal home made decals made with an ink jet printer so the colors do not run.

Microsol and set are for helping the decal lay down when its applied to the model, in particular over hard lines and compound curves. So it will give you the best fit possible.

Hope this helps.
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 12 Jan 2015, 12:23 am

Many decal videos on Y.T. One I liked is where an entire compound-curved hood (bonnet) gets a carbon fiber decal. Setting and softening solutions and a hair dryer (seems extreme to me but it speeds things up) are used. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge521C4uuqM. There are other vids on decals too.
Here I should say my 30+ yr. retirement from building may be over. I found (for a good price) a Revell-Monogram 1999 Mustang Cobra kit. I've craved it since it's one of few with I.R.S. and detail is good. Am disappointed in flash around many (especially small, delicate) parts. I may actually build a kit again. Plus, no need for B.M.F. I'm from pre-B.M.F. era. Must get new putty, 10 yr old stuff seems to have hardened up considerable.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm

Excellent, would love to see you building again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:21 pm

I seem to be in a GT car build mode at the moment, so I have just bought this:

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Index10

Being an old Heller/Wave/Union kit, it is no doubt a 'challenging' build but it looks like with some effort, it can turn out very nice.

For me, I think it is the most gorgeous car ever made!! Pure sex on wheels!!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 New13

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 New310

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:43 pm

Thanks Sam, I was reading on the internet earlier about the sealing stuff for home made decals and will be getting the microsol/set soon.

Lovely looking car Al, somehow I think yours will be equal too if not better than the pics you posted of it.

While we are back on the subject of kits, here's my new ones.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Mellow10

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Wp_20130

Even though the box of the merc was open, I checked it in the shop and all was present, including the decals so for £5 it seemed silly to leave it, even though I'm not to bothered about the kit.

Does this mean i'm buying for the sake of buying??

A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:55 pm

Even though the box of the merc was open, I checked it in the shop and all was present, including the decals so for £5 it seemed silly to leave it, even though I'm not to bothered about the kit. Does this mean i'm buying for the sake of buying?? wrote:

Nope!.... just that you have become a styrene addict is all. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1792231099

It's worth it for the six banger engine and tyres alone. Plus all the other bits for kit bashing.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:58 pm

LOL!!!!

Thanks boss .... perhaps I can fit the engine into the Viper I have which has only half?

A project for next year possibly, after I finished the current 2 and the Fiat and all the rally cars I have bought.
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat 17 Jan 2015, 6:15 pm

Now ya in the swing of things Ash!! Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1792231099 Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1792231099 Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1792231099 Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1792231099

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 17 Jan 2015, 8:24 pm

Skid wrote:I seem to be in a GT car build mode at the moment, so I have just bought this:

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Index10

Being an old Heller/Wave/Union kit, it is no doubt a 'challenging' build but it looks like with some effort, it can turn out very nice.

For me, I think it is the most gorgeous car ever made!! Pure sex on wheels!!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 New13

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 New310

I must agree with you on this car Al !!, oh, and I have the kit as well. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1705482731
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sat 17 Jan 2015, 11:02 pm

I remember seeing the Ferraris on clips back in the day on TV. Very cool car, red, bulging like muscles, louvers, V-12, excuse my enthusiasm!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jan 2015, 11:34 pm

Since the first of the year, I have gotten these kits.  The m/c's were just re-released by Tamiya

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 01-05_10
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 01-05_11
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 01-05_12
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1-10_010
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1-10_011

Back to top Go down

Post by Grouchy Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:56 am

[img]Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Photo2[/img]

This was from my last trip to my L.H.S...2 1/2 hours away...
Grouchy
Grouchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:53 am

Nice haul, both of you !!
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 3:17 pm

2whl, I hope to see ANY of the cycles or never-before-seen F-1 kits built! Grouchy's selection is great and any except the boring (to me) Blue Beetle would be excellent! Keep up the buying and building!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:12 am

The cycles are near the top of the pile.....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 19 Jan 2015, 4:55 am

Nice collections guys!
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 21 Jan 2015, 5:51 pm

With enough kits in the stash to last me until I pop my clogs..... I'm still buying!!! Is there no end to the madness!! Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1792231099

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Dscn1725

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Dscn1726

After I rodded the Bugati last year, I thought I'd have a problem getting another to build stock but my wholesalers just listed them their inventory. Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 2337884168

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm

Styrene Addict LOL!!

Nice buys though Al and remember if you stockist closes you can open your own store
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:04 pm

Holy Bugatti!  You have another one to build.  This one deserves classic status.  They are just so rare in real life and kits, unless you've already done one "stock" now is the time.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 10:35 pm

Oooohhh a Stepside....... Who'd have thought it lol,  I've already got the colour scheme sorted for mine Al.
"Freaky" is a word that comes to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:16 pm

Here's my latest addition to my ever growing rally collection, bought from a supplier up norf.

Decals are on route as they were not supposed to be in the kit but I think the chap felt sorry for me and found some within his massive parts box.

CHEERS AL your a gudun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Wp_20188
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:45 pm

Don't count your chickens on the decals just yet Ash. They are old and yellowed so may not work.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:46 pm

I live in hope chap so off hunting on the web for the yellow fixer, will inform the world if I find it.

but if I cant I will still have the decal sheet to try and make a copy of it... Either way its a great result

So thank you very much Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1705482731
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:26 pm

not so much as a kit but something even more useful

had a box arrive............

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 2rqltvo

a brand new Aztek air brush

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 1zx4jdl

ive had cheapo chinese ab's.....had badger and iwata ab's.....all let me down in the end.......cant afford any of the really really expensive quality ones but i just wanted to try something different

depending on who you read/listen to these azteks are either brilliant or rubbish

this particular set goes for £105ish on the online shops..........picked this one up for £35 on ebay!!!..........which is less than a new iwata neo but if it works will be more versatile...........never been used, came with all the dvd's and the hose and instructions.....im well chuffed Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 22 Oh2udf
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next