Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbrush Advice

2 posters

Go down

Airbrush Advice Empty Airbrush Advice

Post by pete s Tue 21 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

OK, over the weekend, I had my airbrush compressor give up. I was not happy with it anyway, as I have always had some issues with small amounts of water slugging past the water separator. Plus it was a compressor without a storage tank, so pressure varied somewhat.

So I have made the switch to compressed CO2, using a refillable bottle with regulator on top. As CO2 is "dry", there is never any issue with water and no separator is required. Also, the pressure is very accurate and consistent. I have tried it once, and it seems to work good.

Anyone else use CO2? Any concerns that I should have, or special things that need to be done differently?

Thanks for any comments.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Airbrush Advice Empty Re: Airbrush Advice

Post by Reserve Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:18 pm

I tried this some time ago but I prefer a compressor for whatever reason. I can't think of any unusual difficulties tied to this method other than you may want to be careful how much CO2 you are introducing in an enclosed space you're trying to breathe in

Regards,
Mark

Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm

Thanks Mark.

I tried out the CO2 yesterday, and it worked great. And nice and quiet. I use a spray booth that I made that is vented to the outside, so I don't I will have a CO2 issue. I also use a respirator for the fumes.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm

Pete: I made the switch to CO2 about a year ago. No problems and no regrets. John

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm

Thanks John. I have the CO2 cylinder that is about 6 inches in diameter and about 18 inches tall (5 lb bottle?). What size do you use, and about how long do you get it to last? I put a date tag on mine to gauge approximately how long.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm

Pete: My bottle is roughly the same size, maybe a bit larger. I got it about six months ago and have not had to refill yet. To be honest I have only used it about 8 or 10 times because I have been working with wood and mainly brush paint there. When I have used the CO2 though I have been really happy with it. Quiet, no moisture problems, accurate gauges, steady pressure, and did I mention it's QUIET!

When the time comes I can refill at a local welding supply for $25.00. I think you are going to be happy with the switch. John

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down