Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/8th scale Hot Rod Bench.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1/8th scale Hot Rod Bench. - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/8th scale Hot Rod Bench.

Post by Ron234 Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:34 am

Hi folks, I have slowly been plodding along with my 1/8ths, but my old problem with posting photos has started up again, for which I don’t have a cheap answer.
To recap, I use my ipad for everything, post chat, take photos, etc, but it can’t reduce the photo size, so I send my photos to my laptop by email to do this. However, this can take days to receive, and then send back to a correct size to post on the forum, until lately when all it does is block my email ability to receive and send post.
The local computer geek tells me it’s Microsoft and Apple not working together because of the changes in the Outlook platform, and my old ipad platform won’t accept these changes, as my iPad Pro is basically 2013 technology. If the photos were physically in my computer hard drive files and not in a cloud somewhere, there would be no problem. His answer was buy a new iPad, but new iPad Pro’s are £1,000 a go, but will it be worth it ?
In the meantime all I can do is divert you to my Pinterest account to see what I’ve been up to. Check out my alter ego ‘Eugene Gilleno’ and the 1/8th.model file is there. 🥴 Sorry.
The multi coloured full fendered ‘32 Roadster seen on the bench in the last photos is now done and dusted as a restored Barn Find. Thank goodness the rat rod trend is tailing off, they were never real hot rods, were they ? 🥴
Ron234
Ron234

Location : The sunny borders of North Yorkshire and County Durham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hirakawa Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:52 pm

Have you considered just buying a cheap digital camera just for this hobby? That's what I did, plugs straight into any laptop/desktop via USB.
Mr Hirakawa
Mr Hirakawa
Resident member
Resident member

Ron234 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun 28 Apr 2024, 8:09 pm

Turned out really good. I see that you changed out the wheels. Looks better with the steelies.

Most rat rods are a perfect starting place for building a nice car. 😁
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Ron234 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron234 Mon 29 Apr 2024, 11:08 am

Hi guys,
thanks for the suggestion, Dave.
My moan is my new laptop, because whenever I use it, it messes up my iPAd.
I don’t have an iPhone and use my iPad as others would use their mobile phones, and I still have a landline. I actually have a digital camera which is 14 years old, that still works - but once I log in through my laptop to download the photos - or anything else, it throws the iPad into fits. Sounds odd, I know, but I have sought professional advice. I suppose I’m so used to the Apple, that I prefer that set up to Microsoft, and I guess technology moves on, and we have to move on with it to keep up. 🥴

Thanks Sam,
It’s another one done from your stash, with several more yet to go, all lurking in the background. 😁
......Actually, those ‘steel’ wheels are the same wheels painted satin black and hub caps added !
There are rat rods, and rat rods. It’s those that spent thousands of $$$$ on big blown chrome engines, with low slung chopped up old bodies that I find a little ‘boring’. It was novel when they first appeared, but the novelty has worn off for me, with too many poor builds appearing as rat-rods. I like to see crafted engineering. Let’s say, they are no longer to my taste......doesn’t mean I won’t build a model of one. 🤣
Ron234
Ron234

Location : The sunny borders of North Yorkshire and County Durham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2