Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories

+10
Geezerman
disabled modeler
webby
kpnuts
beowulf
harron68
GaryDainton
Skid
RetiredMike
KatsZenJammer
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Empty Re: SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories

Post by GaryDainton Fri 15 Nov 2019, 4:36 pm

Missed this Kats, been busy moving Stevie into the new house. Very special detailing and worthy of the build. Stunning!
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Empty Re: SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories

Post by Skid Fri 15 Nov 2019, 5:38 pm

Man Kats, this is just getting unreal. Simply THE BEST work I have ever seen on Skids bah none!!! SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 1705482731 SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 1705482731 SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 1705482731 SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 1705482731

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sun 17 Nov 2019, 5:00 pm

Thanks for the positivity, gentlemen  SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 3887228019

And Al, special thanks for that - it really means a lot, especially given the amazing work that is being posted by others. It motivates me to keep on trying to improve.

Well, getting into the 'hiatus season' as I have come to call it. Milady's son has arrived and we're settling in for the upcoming winter months - so now I am perusing options for how to keep my nervous hands busy whilst the hobby zone is a guest room.

However, here are some of the 'last photos for now' from the dio accessories portion of this project. First is a test of the kit bag with the oiler.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam265

Added an external pocket for the flint striker.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam266

Buckles, loops and straps added. Note that I have chosen not to pre-darken the metal bits here - can't recall what the motivation was at the time, probably something to do with paint effects. Have to think about that, lol.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam267

Test fit with straps in place.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam268

First layer of paint was inspired by an old ammo bag I used to have. Army surplus repurposed into a 'walkman carrier' from my youthful days.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam269

Overlays of light brown and ochre-ish yellow. The straps got some darker brown and green.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam270

Working in oil stains in the appropriate zones.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam271

The last thing I was trying to 'proof of concept' test before the hiatus - a bedroll of sorts. I forgot to document the process of making this, oops, but it is more of that book binding tape layered onto a paper core and thickened with duct tape. As the plan is to have this displayed as rolled up and tied the colour is only being applied to the areas which will show, namely the edges and the outermost part of the roll. Still working on the colour layers, you can kind of see the evolution of the colours in the mid zone as I've been laying them on. The plan is to have this looking like old, worn cloth, maybe not wool, with a dirty brown hue.

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam272

And finally a group shot of the stuff developed so far on the base with the frame for the Steamcycle. Still not committed to using the frame as it stands now - the chances of change are high for that part. 

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 Steam273

I suppose this is a good, natural pause point for me as I only planned things to about this stage. 

One of the 'blue sky' ideas is for there to be a figure to go with all this, though that would crowd the dio base. Perhaps serendipity will tap me on the head during the hiatus or maybe I'll finally get around to making the other stuff out of epoxy putty as originally planned. The one thing I am disappointed in is that there is no food, lol. I really had hoped to set out some pasties and maybe a tin cup but one cant have everything ... where would you put it? (joke credited to Stephen Wright).

So this should be it for regular posting on this thread for the next little while ... but I will be back with more once there is more to show. 

And until then I will have to console myself with vicarious hobbying via regular visits to check out what everyone else is doing.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Sun 17 Nov 2019, 6:25 pm

Looks absolutely superb Kats, SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 1705482731
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Mon 25 Nov 2019, 12:31 pm

Absolutely mind boggling work and attention to detail !!
This is indeed a masterful work !
My hat is off to you !

SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 2337884168
SteamCycle Dio Base & Accessories - Page 6 2776978727
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6