Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:26 pm

Went to The OSSM Show last Saturday and bought 3 kits, was given one kit and won 6 kits.

I bought the Bathtub kit and the guy gave me the 32 Ford Sedan. He wanted 15 bucks for the bathtub and 10 for the Sedan. I told him the Sedan was painted, and not very well and the engine was put together so it was like a parts kit. He opened it up looked at it and said " You can have it if you still want it." Well yes.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1015

I bought this kit for 15 bucks. Has 3 Chevrolet Impalas in it. That's 5 bucks a kit so I pulled the trigger.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1016

I also bought the 1/12th scale AMT Cord. When I first saw it the price was 100 bucks, about an hour later it was down to 90. A couple hours later it was down to 70. So I offered fifty. The guy said "No Way." His wife was sitting ther and said "We'll take 55." SO I got it for 55 bucks. The box is unsealed but everything inside is still bagged up. Kind of a rare kit at a great price.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1017

Then in the raffle I won the following 6 kits with 10 bucks worth of tickets.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1018

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1019

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1020

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Skid Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:30 pm

Nice haul Buck.

I also bought the 1/12th scale AMT Cord. wrote:
+

Another one for when the eyes go!!!! LOL

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 11:57 pm

GR8 Minds. Bob Paeth approach to modeling to the end.Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 1792231099 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

Sweet haul Buck !
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:09 am

...the three set of Chevys was a real bargain - and even the started '32 Ford appeals to me. Great Buys !

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm

Yippee ! Todays mail coughed up my big A sedan !!
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 2337884168 
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 6:42 pm

Cool. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

Zbuckster wrote:Cool. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Same here. Almost like when I finally got a model A coupe....too many ideas !!
At least with this I don't have a lot of other parts I can throw at it.
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Kit_zpsc79edb62

I would like to do a junker for one. If I had the General lee Kit for parts, I would like to rat it.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 3298140763 

SIGH !!
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Tue 12 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

Hey! I'm glad you got it Clay.

At least with this I don't have a lot of other parts I can throw at it. wrote:
But you can make them!!! Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 1792231099 

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 29 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

I had to place a large order with my kit's wholesaler yesterday and I noticed they were jobbing out these:

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Russia10

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Russia11

At less than £4 each, it would have been rude not to get a couple. Wouldn't it?? Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 1792231099 

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 07 Dec 2013, 1:41 am

I did a bit of trading and ended up with a 1960 starliner, Heavenly Hearse, and 63 Caddy.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Trade_10
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:47 am

Looks like ya got some good trades Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 3887228019 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:47 am

Ebay - Love it and Hate it !

Lately I haven't been able to score any good cheap bargains on Ebay.
I get beaten in the final few seconds every time, and I'm placing good automatic bids.
I have only a couple of hundred feedback stars - but the guys who are beating me have (generally) over 1,000
What am I doing wrong ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:19 pm

"What am I doing wrong ?"

My first guess would be shopping on eBay
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wisdonm Thu 12 Dec 2013, 1:35 pm

They're probably using computerized sniping services that place bids in the last 2-3 seconds.
wisdonm
wisdonm
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Thu 12 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm

A d*mn shame a nice auction can get geek-ified for profit and holds out honest bidders. Twas ever thus that "the strong take from the weak, the clever take from the strong, and if done fairly, Uncle Sam takes something from all."
Regarding e-bay, while it has faults, there are bargains and the unusual seen nowhere else there. Next to buying from friends and at model conventions, it is a decent alternative.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:32 pm

dadooronron wrote:
What am I doing wrong ?

my guess is not being prepared to pay more than the guy who won it!

one way of saving money on ebay is to filter your searches by 'closest to you', if theres something i fancy within 5 or 10 miles i will drop them a mail well before the auction end to see if i can collect and save money on postage......very often they will say yes simply cos it saves them the job of wrapping it up and going to the postie.....if they say no i dont bother with it, i refuse to pay postage for something thats only a few miles away

several times i have found a guy who is willing to do this and hes had 5 or 6 kits ive fancied......the postage saved equals one or two of the kits......one guy when i collected a few kits had a table full of stuff he was just getting ready to put on ebay and let me have first dibs and make an offer

the old days of getting loads of bargains on ebay is long gone.....i just think of it as a huge online shop these days
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:36 am

Butcher Bob went to American Lake Veterans Hospital today. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive. So while he was there he went to Fantasy World Hobby Shop. He bought one of these for me because he said he knew I would want it. I paid him back and thank him twice. It's not much different than the 50Olds kit that came out but has better parts. Nice decal sheet with pin stripping, After market Chrome valve covers for the engine and a tri-power intake manifold. Plus some custom parts like skirts etc. I am a happy camper.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 103_1313

Plus 4 bar spinner hubcaps. And the wide white walls aren't a decal they are pad printed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

ahhhh...I've got one of those Olds Coupes coming in the post - looking forward to it !

....and this arrived in the post from Virginia this morning.
I have been looking for one for some time.
MPC are supposed to be re-issuing a Duster shortly, but I came across this old unbuilt kit.
Back in the Eighties I had a full scale Duster, so this will be a replica of that one - not pink!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 Dd25dba7-a0d4-4d6c-9351-908ed36146cb_zps309d2c01

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Thu 26 Dec 2013, 10:35 pm

xmas prezzies :)

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 2s9eqmb
Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 3167xnd
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by wisdonm Fri 27 Dec 2013, 1:19 am

That, in no stretch of the imagination, a whippet.
wisdonm
wisdonm
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Fri 27 Dec 2013, 2:43 am

WWI tanks were pretty strange affairs, as they were relatively new in warfare. I will be watching this one for sure, thanx!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Fri 27 Dec 2013, 4:30 am

Cool kits  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 3887228019  And you have a tank for the C.B. coming up in Jan.  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 2337884168 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 27 Dec 2013, 10:18 am

Oooh! I like the Whippet Paul. At 174mm long, it's quite sizeable too. Nice.

Back in the day, it had been idendified that slow moving tanks such as the Male and Female, were not the way to go and faster models were designed, the Whippet being the first of the New Generation of British tanks.

Because it was fast, it received the  nickname 'Whippet'

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sat 28 Dec 2013, 12:25 am

Got this for Christmas ( from me to me ) and how many of you remember the TV show Death Valley Days, the first series with The Old Ranger  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 2481775780  This is the first issue of the 20 Mule Team kit, there is another later issue but it has Ronald Regan on the box art

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 20MuleTeam_zps20128d31

here is the kit parts still in the bags

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 20MuleTeam1_zpscbec71c6

I had one of these when I was a young kid and don't remember if I built it or not but now I'm an old kid, I'll build it  Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 6 524092055 
Would this be legal for the C.B. starting in Jan. ??
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next