Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

+22
Johnag
itsonlyakit
RetiredMike
stevegt738
john2308
Grouchy
coyote
pete s
A5h
Skid
harron68
beowulf
Sam
Brizio
BrentH
Codfather
Shelby
dogfish7
Geezerman
Tumbler75
wisdonm
MotoScale87
26 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by A5h Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:07 pm

Nice haul Paul.. Bring back the mojo dude!!
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 Empty Re: Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here.

Post by Skid Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:52 pm

I hope it works for you Paul but I never could get a syphon AB to work for me. Good luck with it.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 11:52 pm

Skid wrote:I hope it works for you Paul but I never could get a syphon AB to work for me. Good luck with it.

thats just it.....its not just a syphon (which i will not bother with cos ive never got on with it either ) it has a side feed cup.............which you can do either from the left or right hand side depending on if you are right or kack handed

the whole thing dosnt work like a 'normal' air brush.........there isnt that long needle that goes down the middle.....just a short one thats in the interchangable nozzles......i got 3 with this.....fine, medium and large....theres others for about a tenner each such as extra fine or extra large or one called 'spatter' which is supposedly good for doing mud/dust effect...plus others for things like doing t shirts with ink...you can buy different sized feed cups too

once i get it plumbed in i shall let you know what its like
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:56 am

Paul: If the brush turns out to be the quality of the box, looks like you've got a winner.

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 6:01 pm

Cool deal on the aztek. When I saw the box, I thought, "inflated price." Then I saw your e-bay actual cost. Fan-tas-tic!!!!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:43 pm

My haul from the NNL yesterday.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 15-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by itsonlyakit Sun 01 Feb 2015, 9:54 pm

beowulf wrote:not so much as a kit but something even more useful

had a box arrive............

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 2rqltvo

a brand new Aztek air brush

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 1zx4jdl

ive had cheapo chinese ab's.....had badger and iwata ab's.....all let me down in the end.......cant afford any of the really really expensive quality ones but i just wanted to try something different

depending on who you read/listen to these azteks are either brilliant or rubbish

this particular set goes for £105ish on the online shops..........picked this one up for £35 on ebay!!!..........which is less than a new iwata neo but if it works will be more versatile...........never been used, came with all the dvd's and the hose and instructions.....im well chuffed Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 Oh2udf

Had one of these Testors Aztec AB about 10 years ago, it let me down. For a review and what this airbrush looks like inside google "Don's Airbrush Tips". this fellow has reviewed many ABs , most informative.
Cheers Eh!
itsonlyakit
itsonlyakit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave from Pleasanton Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:47 pm

Nice haul Paul. Got your call, but have been down with a cold for the week. I think I'm on the mend, but mostly doing a lot of sleeping.
Dave from Pleasanton
Dave from Pleasanton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave from Pleasanton Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:21 pm

A5h wrote:Here's my latest addition to my ever growing rally collection, bought from a supplier up norf.

Decals are on route as they were not supposed to be in the kit but I think the chap felt sorry for me and found some within his massive parts box.

CHEERS AL your a gudun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stumbled onto this site which recommends putting yellowed decals in the sun for a few days. Never tried it, so no idea on if it works.

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/blog/plasitc-model-kits-how-tos/more-on-using-or-restoring-old-decals/
Dave from Pleasanton
Dave from Pleasanton

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:36 pm

That's what I recommended to Ash Dave.

Unless you have a LOT of really bright sunshine day in day out, it's going to take more than a few days though.

But it does work.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave from Pleasanton Mon 02 Feb 2015, 6:45 am

Skid wrote:That's what I recommended to Ash Dave.

Unless you have a LOT of really bright sunshine day in day out, it's going to take more than a few days though.

But it does work.

Maybe a few California days...
Dave from Pleasanton
Dave from Pleasanton

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:23 am

Or a couple of hundred Northern England days!! LOL

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:26 am

Im in the middle of England and we are just getting over heavy snow!!

I had an idea regarding the de yellowing, going to try it out when the decals arrive, on something inconspicuous and see what happens
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:09 am

Ash.... I use daylight balanced bulbs in two Anglepoise lamps on my work bench. Closest light you get to natural daylight.

I have tried placing the decals under one of these at a distance of less than two inches, had them there for about ten hours and there was a siginificant difference.

I'm going to try again with a lot longer time period. Will let you know the results.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:33 am

Ok buddy I will try this thing in my mind
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Tue 03 Feb 2015, 6:51 am

The kit I bought for the weekender but never got to even take anything off the trees. It looks like a super nice kit too!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 Dsc00031
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:27 am

I checked AZTEK evaluations, seems like if well cared for, it can give years of good service.  As one former user wrote, don't soak parts in mineral spirits.  
    The Toyota 2000 came out waaaay back when here in the U.S. maybe by MPC.  I've got it, still unbuilt.  Little side panel (seen in foto) is to access battery easily, if I remember.  Cool stuff guys, get to building!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 06 Feb 2015, 1:56 am

These have trickled in over the past couple of months.

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 100_6710

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 100_6711
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by itsonlyakit Fri 06 Feb 2015, 5:40 am

Nice trickle of kits Sam, 4 or 5 different scales. That 935 Porshe turbo looks the most challenging. Now get in that chair and get busy.
Cheers Eh!
itsonlyakit
itsonlyakit

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Fri 06 Feb 2015, 6:35 am

Trickled? You make it sound like it happened all by itself.
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:38 am

Kremer Porsche is indeed a very good kit. The only thing beyond the price that kept me from it back then was the color. The black Porsche kit I haven't seen before and I'll enjoy seeing it go together and if it's curbside or well detailed.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Tue 10 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm

This one is winging its way to me right now!!

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 Min36010

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Wed 11 Feb 2015, 4:17 am

Picked up another early Russian aircraft.  Box looks bad, but the model is excellent.  When I was doing research on it, came across the absolutely amazing story of the Night Witches (Nachthexen)who flew them in WWII.  

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 Po2-0110
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm

You are really getting into 1:72 bi-planes Mike.
The monitor lead for my PC packed up this morning, so I had to drive into my local market town for a replacement and as it happens, it's right next to my local model store.... (Mostly diecast and railway but with and increasing range of styrene kits)... and it would have been impolite not to pop in. LOL

So this one attatched itself to my shirt tails on the way out!! Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 1792231099

Styrene Addict. Show us your latest kits here. - Page 23 00810

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

So polite of you to pop in, Al. LOL

If that's the Testor's kit, I've got the convertible version that's been stalled for years because the odd multi-piece body drove me up a wall back then.

Good luck with it - I'll be watching.
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next