Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane

Go down

MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane Empty MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 3:52 am

This is the plane I was building as a commission build form my LHS. This plane has been in a few hands, at one point it was slated for the scrap yard and was saved at the last minute it never saw action.

I'll post the full story when I finish it.

Only thing I did for this build to bring it in line with the version I am replicating was to add the rounded wing tips, this kit had the squared off version. I'm stalled at the moment, I ran out of the green to do the canopy. Plus I've masked it off 3 prior times and ended up stripping it. At the moment it's taped waiting for paint.

I did the camo twice, I free hand it the first time but couldn't get the mix/psi right, I think I need to clean my AB. In the end I just repainted the sea grey and masked it off.

The decals are after market, a real pain to put on, they stuck real well once on.

This has been a quick enjoyable build but not with out it's issues. The nose is/was off centre, as was the top engine cover. I filled/filed and reshaped it then redrilled the rivets. The cover was way too big at the front and back again more filling and sanding to get it right and redrilling of the rivets.

Hope to get it done this week.

MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane 2013-11-14003448
MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane 2013-11-14003457
MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane 2013-11-14003434
MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane 2013-11-14003425

Back to top Go down

MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane Empty Re: MkXIVe Spite Fire Canadian Plane

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down