Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modeling in limbo

3 posters

Go down

Modeling in limbo Empty Modeling in limbo

Post by Geezerman Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:52 am

Finished the Morgan and took a look at  AK Collectables where I have purchased a couple of kits in the past and they had treated me very good. A new addition in the large scale list was a Minicraft Model A sedan (the STOCK one) !  This was on Friday the 1st. I called, and they still had it, @ $35. They go anywhere from $35 on up to $50 or more on eBay. So, not having to deal with some unknown yahoo on eBay, I grabbed it. Emailed them this Sat and let them know it hadn't arrived yet. Emailed me back IMMEDIATELY and promised to look into it. Beings as how it was the weekend, and a holiday looming on Monday, I am content to cooling my heels til this gets settled.
MEANWHILE, with the salvage at an all time low, except for a bunch of piddling small junk, I turned to the Streetburner 55 Chev body that I had set aside when I built the beast.
I had redid the ugly  kit chop by cutting an 1/8  off the rear posts (it looked so much better that I didn't want to use it, and saved it for something later. Now it's later.
Modeling in limbo 55chop1_zps37a8e5bf

Car in rear is just an older build for reference. First, I marked this off for a 1/4 inch section. Removed the rear bumper and it will be located upward to just below the taillight.
Modeling in limbo Rbumper_zpscdd2f419

Now, I've taken 1/4 inch out of the center of the body. I have taken just 1/8 inch from the front section. Leaving this just a little less than the main section job. Purpose is to leave the front a little lower for an air dam/spoiler effect. To deal with the fugly oversize rear wheel opening, I am cannibalizing the ones from a 60 Starliner that was left from a doner kit many years ago. Been reluctant to mess with that neat virgin body, but the statute of limitations has just done it in. My layout marks for this operation are showing in the foto.
Modeling in limbo Rearwheelwell_zps85bc51f1

Now some body work, That will keep me occupied until my Model A comes in Modeling in limbo 1578238153 

Modeling in limbo Rearwheelwell2_zps4a634e84

Actually this is all I have towards this  except for some parts left in the Streetburner kit. Not as anxious to scratch a frame and running gear for this as I would be for a rat rod, so in limbo it may go back. I'll be looking for a suitable (stock 55 ?) or something in the meantime.

Edit:  HA, Mr potatoe head came up where I had written fifty dollars on Ebay
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Modeling in limbo Empty Re: Modeling in limbo

Post by Skid Mon 11 Nov 2013, 8:55 am

Good work Clay. I like the new rear wheel arches.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm

Looks another good project!

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:19 pm

Looking good Clay. Looking at the Ford wheel and the stock wheel well on the body in the back ground there is a big difference. I am liking it.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm

I'm really amazed Clay - you're straight in there, no messing about - straight into battle !!
Looking forward to another great build.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:54 am

I have the Model A now, so this may go on the back burner.
Unusual for me to quit a build, But I'll get back to it, Lord willing.
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:29 pm

Cool looking project, good luck with the chop.

I have that 1/16 MiniCraft Model A kit too, it looks to be a pretty decent kit. I'm interested in seeing what you do with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down