Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1966 Buick Riviera

2 posters

Go down

1966 Buick Riviera Empty 1966 Buick Riviera

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:44 am

This is an experimental model car. Not in the sense that it is trick. I did a lot of experimenting in the build. I gave the engine away from this kit. A friend of mine wanted to put it in a 40 Ford Coupe. So the kit wasn't complete. When I had paint problems with the 1949 Resin Merc I decided to paint the body to make sure I had the paint problems cured before going back to the Merc. I picked Candy Green from my box of HOK paint. Green is my least favorite color so I had little to lose if it didn't work. I was told about the Krylon Crystal Clear paint and wanted to try it also. I was told it had very little effect on decals. Anyway when it was painted and kit decals applied it looked really nice. I decided to finish it not with a lot of detail but complete the build. I also wanted to try using Play Dough for a masking agent so away I went. I didn't have an engine so decided to put a Ross Gibson 502 "Alley Rat" in it. Well the 502 was way to big for the engine bay I ended up with a LS series engine from a Corvette in it. All in all I was happy with it. The Play Dough thing doesn't work all that well or I don't understand all I know about it. It did open my mind to different masks. I am going to try Handi-Tak. I think it will be a lot better.

1966 Buick Riviera 100_4629

1966 Buick Riviera 100_4630

1966 Buick Riviera 100_4631

1966 Buick Riviera 100_4632

1966 Buick Riviera 100_4633

1966 Buick Riviera 100_4634

So there you go. It's on to bigger and better things for me. Thanks for looking.

All comments and input is welcome. I know I am a wimp for going with the 502. I think it will show up in a Chevelle near you soon.

Back to top Go down

1966 Buick Riviera Empty Re: 1966 Buick Riviera

Post by Skid Sun 24 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

I think it looks great Buck, 'stiking' graphics and all.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbler75 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:02 pm

Truly a WOW factor with the color scheme. Great work as usual Buck! I like these ole Rivs and your's looks spectacular. Keep'em comin'!
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down