Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well that is just great...!!!

5 posters

Go down

Well that is just great...!!!   Empty Well that is just great...!!!

Post by disabled modeler Tue 28 May 2019, 9:57 pm

Well that is just great...!!!   1757741307 ... My wife said there was no hot water yesterday so I managed to get myself down into the basement to find there is a good reason for no hot water....my basement is flooded brothers...pretty sure ill have to toss most everything out since its not just water...some sewer as well. I just cant get a break. I put many of mine in the basement for protection from the storms here..at least everything was not down there...still I know Im going to have to toss out a lot of my stuff...just sickens me after everything they and I have been through over the past 10 years. I needed to find enough parts,etc. for them as it was.... talk about something seeming hopeless .

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Well that is just great...!!!   Empty Re: Well that is just great...!!!

Post by webby Wed 29 May 2019, 1:47 pm

Oh ****. Sorry to hear this. I would have thought that you'd be able to save models with some disinfecting? I've never had this problem, so I'm only guessing.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2019, 10:35 pm

So sorry to learn of this Mark. You'll get through this. Please do not toss those models. Chuck them in a bucket of bleach problem solved.

How many models are we talking about?

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Wed 29 May 2019, 10:51 pm

webby wrote:Oh ****. Sorry to hear this.  I would have thought that you'd be able to save models with some disinfecting? I've never had this problem, so I'm only guessing.

Webby.... Thats what I was thinking but we all know what happens to wet boxes under other boxes...they tend to get crushed some. I have found there are several I will need to find replacement bodies and maybe glass for as well from that. One of the things that really hurt is the old vintage boxes,instructions and decals Im having to toss out of the ones I have and ones I just liked a lot. I liked to use the old boxes behind my restorations or builds of them..plus there good for storage of the ones one has. I also found some chromed parts will need ether replaced or re-plated now...looks very weak plated now..??? I have a friend that can help me with some of the re-plating as he can. We still can get the hot water heater lighted yet...just wont light for some reason..? Some of my stuff will just have to be tossed out sadly but I dont want to loose everything I had down there..my collection has taken too many hard hits over the last 10 years already...lost way too many that were important to me. Most all my Tom Daniels series show rod kits got wet...only had a few upstairs so no clue how bad they will be now..??? Not going to be fun trying to clean them and keep the parts together for each one from the others without boxes or instructions to them. I now Im up to 6 or 7 trash bags full to go out so far...stuff there is no way i can save. I woundnt wish this on anyone.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2019, 12:47 am

Sounds like you need a gas technician to look at the heater. Don't blow yourself up.

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Fri 31 May 2019, 12:08 pm

Plastic Freak wrote:Sounds like you need a gas technician to look at the heater. Don't blow yourself up.  

Yep I had the repair guy come over yesterday he got it working the water was higher than we thought at first around 1 foot deep. Im still sorting through the huge mess..and finding stuff I might be able to save if i can clean them up well and find parts they will need now..??? hope so. Just sickens me. Im going to have to compile a list of what they will need as far as parts...some will need a lot by the looks of them..? hate having to toss out my treasures and dreams like this. I have tossed out close to 10 bags of stuff that cant be saved so far...things from my childhood,some of my dads old stuff,etc. sadly but going to try to save all I can...??? I think my parts needed,etc. list just got much larger.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2019, 10:45 pm

Well that is just great...!!!   3937484207

Take care Mark, I wish you well during these troubling times.

Last edited by Plastic Freak on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sat 01 Jun 2019, 12:23 am

Horrible news. Well that is just great...!!!   3937484207

Hope that something good comes your way, or at the least nothing bad. Best of luck with the recovery efforts.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Sat 01 Jun 2019, 10:12 am

Thats really crap Mark, try to keep your chin up and I hope you get it sorted ASAP.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sat 01 Jun 2019, 11:45 am

Thanks brothers...I do appreciate it greatly.

I need some flood recovery aid..LOL.. Really saddens me with the kind of luck I have had over the last 10 years or more...almost makes one think why bother..??? I have everything that was in the boxes in a bunch of large tubs now all mixed up together...many crushed bodies..glass,etc. some not too old and some very old ones will be needed for them if I can find them..??? Im going to miss the old boxes,instructions.,decals badly even if i can find what the ones I have need...I love them almost as much as the kits. One thing is for sure..Im going to need some good luck or help finding stuff I lost I really cared about a lot if possible..??? Im too old and in too bad of shape to just start all over...might not have it in me to so Ill have to try to restore what I have left of them. Sure there is newer kits,etc. id like to have but the sentimental value cant be replaced..??? Going to need all the help I can find to see if i can find what they will need.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 11:59 am

Mark, George Bluhm is trying to reach you. He recently posted the following on another site.

"Hi all, I am trying to get Mark Orr to see my message. I am trying to get some models at a cheap price to send to him. He is part of a group of disabled modelers.

I can get some at a great price. Can anyone help him?

I have sent a private message to him. I need to know if he wants them or if his group is still together.

Admins-please don't move to another category.

Thanks,

George Bluhm"

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Tue 25 Jun 2019, 6:16 pm

I'll get onto Mark Curt. Is that MCM?
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2019, 6:25 pm

dublin boy wrote:I'll get onto Mark Curt. Is that MCM?

Hi Shay, Mark got back to me today, said he would check his inbox over there.  
He's just swamped with recovery and such.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Tue 25 Jun 2019, 6:29 pm

No worries Curt, I sent a message to him on an old site I know he looks at every day.

Hope he gets some free or very cheap stuff out of it.

The Jungle Grapevine is working well, it's quite good really! lol
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2019, 1:35 am

All good Shay. 😊

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:45 am

Plastic Freak wrote:
dublin boy wrote:I'll get onto Mark Curt. Is that MCM?

Hi Shay, Mark got back to me today, said he would check his inbox over there.  
He's just swamped with recovery and such.

Hi Kurt brother..! and gents..!...

I dont know if swamped is even a close term to use...? I have a HUGE task ahead of me now and only 2 tasks down right now...tossed out most of my old Boxes/instructions/decals sadly some were for kits/models I do have..that really hurts. Cleaned up all the parts I can will have to find or try to find replacements for them now..???..hope so..? I have my doubts Ill ever be able to get a hold of some stuff again..??? Mother nature dose not like me..LOL...no clue what I did to tick her off but it seems she has been after me for the last 10 years...LOL.. I have to try to laugh about it otherwise..??? The bad thing is my house budget is and has been in the toilet for some time..wont make anything any easier.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down