Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale.

3 posters

Go down

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Empty Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale.

Post by coyote Wed 01 May 2013, 3:02 am

This is one of Tamiya's 1/700 range of waterline kits. It's been around for a while. I originally built this over 30 years ago but last year I disassembled it and rebuilt it and replaced a number of parts including the guns with more modern ones. In his book, 'Japanese Destroyer Captain', Capt Tameichi Hara described the Junyo as 'the most sluggish carrier in the Japanese navy'. This was because the Junyo was originally laid down as an ocean liner. It was converted during construction. One of the few Japanese navy ships to survive the war. Thanks for looking.

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Img_3310

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Img_3311

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Img_3312

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Img_3313
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Empty Re: Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale.

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 3:56 am

Thanks for the pic with the paint bottle. I was thinking the 1/700th scale was larger. Now I have a better idea what I am looking at. Wonderful workmanship.

Back to top Go down

Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale. Empty Re: Junyo - IJN Aircraft Carrier - Tamiya 1/700 scale.

Post by Tumbler75 Wed 01 May 2013, 3:59 am

The bottle of paint really brings this boat into focus on the size! Your work at this scale is amazing! Great job and a totally awesome rebuild. Keep up the great work! 8)
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 2:07 pm

I remeber seeing this at eScale. Enjoyed seeing it again, beautiful work

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 01 May 2013, 2:55 pm

Nice one Chris.

The shadows from the sun over the flight deck in the first photo, give it an extra realism.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down