Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topolino Street Rod

Go down

Topolino Street Rod Empty Topolino Street Rod

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:25 am

This was a long build. It was one of those that started as a idea and then went out of control. It started when I got the new release of the AMT Double Dragster kit. I grew up watching Fiat Topolino's charge down the drag strip. So I didn't want to build an altered class Topolino like everyone seems to do. I had seen a full fendered stock bodied Topolino at The Good Guys last year. It had a small block, 700r4 etc. This got me to thinking about building a big motored street able car. Something like you would see at a Rod Run Anywhere, USA. So I started messing with fender sets. After trying six or so sets I found the Revell 32 Ford 3 Window coupe fenders would work and not look half bad. Plus the 32 would donor a frame and suspension also. Then I added the Ross Gibson Hilborn Injected Hemi. The late model with the distributor up front. The early style (dist. in back) doesn't have a water pump, alternator the things you need. I thought I had enough to get'er done. But discovered the AMT Phantom Vickie kit. This kit had a new style 2x4 tube frame, Mustang II style front suspension, rack and pinion steering and 4 wheel disc brakes. Plus it has a newer style wheel. A knock off of the old Halibrand Slat Flat Wheel. 17's up front and 20's in the rear. The Revell fenders fit the chassis like it was made for it. The floor board from the AMT kit worked with minor trimming. Now we are talking. Everything I wanted and more. I wanted the injection system to work like units I have seen at car shows. They look like the old stuff but really are a digital fuel injection system. Each tube has an electrical injector in it. So I scratched the injector's from "Seed Beads" and craft wire. Also used craft wire to add the whole brake system from master cylinder to brake calipers. Then added battery cables. The springs for the suspension were made from springs out of an Automatic transmission shift kit. The shocks are scratched from aluminum tubing. The interior door panels are from the Revell 32 3 window Ford kit. The seats are junk yard. I have no idea what kit they came from. The 5 points are Pro-Tech. The color is Nissian Orange Metallic by Dulpi-color. The interior is craft paint Light chocolate and Dark Ivory. All that and 2 months work and it is a done deal. I hope you enjoy the look see as much as I enjoyed the build.

Topolino Street Rod 100_1313

Topolino Street Rod 100_1314

Topolino Street Rod 100_1315

Topolino Street Rod 100_1316

Topolino Street Rod 100_1317

Topolino Street Rod 100_1318

Back to top Go down