Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment

+3
RetiredMike
disabled modeler
Tom Louis
7 posters

Go down

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment Empty 75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment

Post by Tom Louis Fri 11 May 2018, 9:52 pm

Bought this kit cheap at hobby lobby a few years back and really didn't know what to do with it, the decals weren't to my taste and the car was molded in blue. The leaf spring rear end is also totally wrong. Then I tried a can of Testers light blue enamel with some trepidation, the paint laid down pretty good, and it turns out that converting to a long truck arm rear suspension was practically a drop in. Just a little nip and tuck! You need an old AMT NASCAR donor, though! So I thought lets just have a little fun and build a box art model. I never did that before.
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDuqxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDHCxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDaLxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDZWxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDQGxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDwLxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDYFxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2JkBDRyxUngtWHosted on Fotki

Last edited by Tom Louis on Mon 14 May 2018, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom Louis
Tom Louis

Back to top Go down

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment Empty Re: 75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2018, 1:47 am

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 1705482731
I really like this. Nice job converting the rear axle.

Back to top Go down

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment Empty Re: 75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment

Post by disabled modeler Sat 12 May 2018, 10:34 am

Very nice..! Makes me want to build one myself...and try to make a factory stock one too. We once owned a 75? Laguna S-3 I think it was called it was their sport version of the car really cool looking and ran good too. Very nice work..! 75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 1705482731

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Sat 12 May 2018, 2:13 pm

Nice job. 75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 1705482731
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Sun 13 May 2018, 11:54 pm

Great box art job.
Looks like the chassis is too far back in the body shell for the pictures. The wheels are in the back half of the openings.
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Mon 14 May 2018, 8:05 am

Great result 75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 1705482731
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Louis Mon 14 May 2018, 4:10 pm

Yes that is true Speed Racer. After everything was painted I had that fit issue. The rear axel moved when I added the truck arms. Decided not to open the already painted wheel wells, (maybe I will anyway). Next build I will know better.

I am going to try moving the front down tubes of the roll cage back, maybe then the chassis will slide forwards enough.
Tom Louis
Tom Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Louis Mon 14 May 2018, 9:01 pm

I think I got now, what do you think Mitch? I adjusted the front cage bars so the body could slide backwards.

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2Jk5NvUxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2Jk5NuJxUngtWHosted on Fotki
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2v2Jk5NHyxUngtWHosted on Fotki
Tom Louis
Tom Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Thu 17 May 2018, 5:16 pm

Great build and superb modding work! The re-fit of the body to the chassis turned out practically perfect.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Sat 19 May 2018, 1:27 pm

Spot on. Now the fit is on par with the rest of your great work on this build.
I like the old school look of this one.
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Wed 23 May 2018, 11:17 am

75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 1705482731
75 Laguna Box Art Build Update-Body/Chassis fit adjustment 2776978727
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum