Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our new addition - Bruce

5 posters

Go down

our new addition - Bruce Empty our new addition - Bruce

Post by A5h Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:09 pm

Well mrs wanted a dog and has done for quite a while so I finally gave in and here he is, a 6 month old Shar Pei called Bruce

our new addition - Bruce Img_1215

our new addition - Bruce Img_1216

our new addition - Bruce Img_1217

A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

our new addition - Bruce Empty Re: our new addition - Bruce

Post by Johnag Sun 06 Dec 2015, 12:10 am

Hi Ash,

He looks awesome Sir, they are a stunning woof...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 1:29 am

That's relaxin'!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:03 pm

looks like a good companion. our new addition - Bruce 1705482731

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:11 pm

He was or so we thought, he had to go back, he tried to bite my mrs and then later on just her walking into the room made he growl.. Not good when Shar Pei's are fighting dogs. our new addition - Bruce 3868354571

Now she is totally off the idea of having a dog which means I get my little bit of free time so I can build our new addition - Bruce 1705482731
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:28 pm

I was going to post about the "down side" to Shar pei but didn't as it would have been a bit negative and not really forum etiquette to criticize someone for what they do in their own home .....

one of the important factors is if you get one ... get a puppy so you know EXACTLY what its life has been like .... they bare grudges like no other

Also they take instant dislikes to some people and that's an accident waiting to happen.

Sure there'll be people that say that they're the best pets out, and it's true that any dog can turn at some point, it's just that some breeds are a bit more twitchy than others

They are at the end of the day, as you say, a fighting dog and unfortunately the instinctive behaviour is a trait that is, in this particular breed, hard to breed out even with selective breeding.

There's a reason they're a fairly uncommon dog for a family pet in this country.

My missus has spent most of her working life in kennels, both boarding and rescue ... this is one of the couple of breeds she wouldn't have.

Sorry that it didn't end well but i think the right choice was made by you both mate

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:51 pm

Cheers buddy, whats done is done, when we took him back he was happy to be home, his owners were a little sad about what had happened as they said that out of all those who visited they believed that he would have the best life with us though, that being said, they took him at 8 weeks old so had never seen the side of him that we had.

They are one of the very few dogs which I like (not being a dog lover more a fish keeping type of chap) its for the best, my mrs cant be scared of a dog which she owns, thats just silly.

So dog dream over and move onto the kit collecting and trying to persuade her to let me have a marine fish tank like I used to have, they dont bite your protected buy a glass shield our new addition - Bruce 1705482731
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 10:32 pm

We've got tropical .... I tried to set up a marine once years back and gave up after three months... Just couldn't get the water right, even the shrimps i put in to start off died overnight.
Technology for water treatment has come on in the last few years so I would presume its easier.

Wack a thread up in off topic when you start it up, I'd be interested mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Mon 07 Dec 2015, 3:56 pm

Strange looking dog Ash.
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

Its a Chinese breed and was bred for killing warthogs apparently, or so I read on the internet.
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:37 pm

Snake wrote:We've got tropical .... I tried to set up a marine once years back and gave up after three months... Just couldn't get the water right, even the shrimps i put in to start off died overnight.
Technology for water treatment has come on in the last few years so I would presume its easier.

Whack a thread up in off topic when you start it up, I'd be interested mate.

I mentioned it to the mrs again today but she still refusing to budge. grrrrrr

It was a few years ago when I had them, there's a picture in the limelight topic of my former tank (I actually had 3 tanks in total, getting bigger each time) I think the picture is of the 1st one. . The math was for every 10L of water you require 1kg of live rock, I bought 15kg of rock for a 120L tank but I cheated with the water by buying it already salted from the shop, filled the tank and left it for a week then bought some fish, shrimps, snails and hermit crabs and chucked them in.

My major issue was keeping a steady temperature, in the summer it went way beyond what it was supposed to be and no way was I spending £200 on a chiller (aircon unit for the tank) to cool the water down.

In the end I gave up because it was too expensive a hobby and my car was a total shed as I spent all my disposable cash on my fish tank, though I did love to just watch the fish swimming about and the corals moving in the waves.

I was fish buddies with a guy at work, he ended up with a small swimming pool sized tank in his front room with an estimated cost of £5000 while mine was around £2000.
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Fri 11 Dec 2015, 11:30 am

our new addition - Bruce 2776978727
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member