Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camping weekend

4 posters

Go down

Camping weekend Empty Camping weekend

Post by webby Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:20 am

Relating to the "weather' thread, I posted  a pic of our camp in 'distress' Here's some more.

From the camp on Friday,just cracked the first beer. Got there on Friday to make a 3 nighter out it.
Camping weekend Camp10

Carpet snake enjoying the sun.

Camping weekend Camp_310

Our friends the Quailes brought this hitchhiker with them. Wolf spider, I think. What I know is that it was over 4 inches across.
Camping weekend Camp_210
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Camping weekend Empty Re: Camping weekend

Post by coyote Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:57 am

I hope the Quailes and their friend the wolf spider live a long way away from Sydney.....a long long long way away. I don't think we get those critters here.
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Wed 18 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm

thats what worries me about Oz....everything wants to bite you or sting you! lol

got a friend in melbourne who is always posting pics of huntsmans on a wall inside her house

looks a nice peaceful place to camp out
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:03 pm

Now we're talking ...... creepy crawlies, right up my ally as this is my main hobby (for over 40 years) used to breed tarantulas and true spiders as a side business, just have the adults now ... and we still have and breed pythons (one of which is an Australian species)

As hard as it can be to identify exact species from photos ....
the carpet Python is (or has) a coastal pattern. Scientific name is Morelia spilota (possibly sub-species"McDowelli" if your interested)

The spider is a "huntsman" (female) more than likely Delena cancerides tis a nasty bite you'll get from that, not so much the toxicity but from the mechanical damage and bacteria around the mouthparts getting into your system (ask me how i know)

Nice campsite by the way, just how i like them .... sparse!! :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 4:22 pm

Those photos just make me want to throw a sleeping bag on the ground and spend the night.  Camping weekend 396455068 
I don't know how you guys do it.  All we have to worry about is Rattlesnakes, bears and mountain lions.  Guess it's all in what you are used to.

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Wed 18 Jun 2014, 4:38 pm

Snake wrote:Now we're talking ...... creepy crawlies, right up my ally as this is my main hobby (for over 40 years) used to breed tarantulas and true spiders as a side business, just have the adults now ... and we still have and breed pythons (one of which is an Australian species)

As hard as it can be to identify exact species from photos ....
the carpet Python is (or has) a coastal pattern. Scientific name is Morelia spilota (possibly sub-species"McDowelli" if your interested)

The spider is a "huntsman" (female) more than likely Delena cancerides tis a nasty bite you'll get from that, not so much the toxicity but from the mechanical damage and bacteria around the mouthparts getting into your system (ask me how i know)

Nice campsite by the way, just how i like them .... sparse!! :)

Wasn't spare for long,alas. Plenty of punters turned up by Sat night. All were well behaved,even the dogs! No mindless "dush dush" music either.
Brought the cricket bat & had a hit & a giggle.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 6:55 pm

Nice to get out in Nature once in a while and remember we share the planet with all the rest. Lovely hills and trees at the camp.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down