Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style)

3 posters

Go down

Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) Empty Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style)

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 1:57 pm

Now this is nowhere near to the quality of what i've seen on here regarding cars ..... but i'm chuffed with it.
picked it up from a local charity shop for a couple of pounds (3 ish dollars).
a simple kit with only a handful of parts, decided to spray it red with the left over in the rattle can from my Mazda MX3 V6. the decals are made up from spares i have left over from other builds.

I'm not over brilliant at detailing a car kit thats simple like this so any advice, hints, tips .... please post away.

Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) Sam_1139
Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) Sam_1140
Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) Sam_1141

Back to top Go down

Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) Empty Re: Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style)

Post by RetiredMike Sat 08 Mar 2014, 2:24 pm

Colin, it's a nice job on that little bit. I like working in 1/32 every now and then because you don't have to detail to the max like larger scales and they go quickly. Great for in between major projects.

Your work on it is very good. The only suggestion I have is to add some wash between the spokes on the wheels or paint the whole thing and lightly highlight the edges of the spokes.

Nice looking rally Triumph.
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) Empty Re: Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style)

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

RetiredMike wrote: The only suggestion I have is to add some wash between the spokes on the wheels or paint the whole thing and lightly highlight the edges of the spokes.  
Thanks Mike, I actually forgot to do that, and didn't realise until you pointed it out.... My brains working part time at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

Looks good in the photos Colin for a 1/32nd,
but I bet it looks better on your bench - they always do.

Cameras will pick up any fault,
because you are simply giving us a closer look - closer than a human eye
...well mine anyway.

- and washes are a great way to pull up detail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:09 pm

I was working at a British Leyland and the guy that owned it had the last TR-6 imported to the West Coast. he wanted a boat load of money for it. Not sure he ever sold it. I quit and went into the Transmission Business. Nice work and thanks for the memory.

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:35 am

Yes, the wire wheels are a weak spot. Not all 1/32 kits are so poor. Airfix, decades ago, came out with Porsche 917s (CanAm racing), the Aston Martin "Ulster" (with opening trunk) and a Bugatti or two.
Re: other things, research into old fotos on line can show little things to detail interiors, like door handles, arm rests, etc. Sometimes steering wheels are too big or small, or just too darn thick and can benefit from trimming. Last, some guys are skilled enuf to print decals of dashboard dials in scale, which helps a lot. Careful brushing of the bezel trim rings with silver and later a dab of clear over the dry decals and they can really add to realism. Thanx for my #2 fave sports car of the '60s, the TR-4A!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:52 am

That would look awesome as a slot car on my scaletrix track.  Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A (rally style) 1705482731 
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down