Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine)

+3
harron68
Tumbler75
tony557
7 posters

Go down

Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) Empty Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine)

Post by tony557 Fri 17 May 2013, 9:03 pm

Here is a few pics of a Bedford TK I,m on building at the moment. It is based on the type of vehicle I drive on a daily basis as I,m a knackerman ie: collect dead animals from farms.

[img][Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1297-1/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1298-1[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1299-1[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1301-1[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1307_zps7327324f[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1316_zpsbee0f56f[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1318_zpsc460eb73[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1312_zps58f6771e[/img]
The rear body on the truck is a entire scratchbuild of the type we use equipped with a 5 ton winch at the front of the body
for pulling heavy stuff like cows and horses up the ramp the controls are located at the rear.There are 2 types of body 1 is a 7.5 ton
ridged box while the other is a 14 ton tipper both types have a fan assisted fridge to keep the lovely smell down in the summer heat.
You know what they say. "Where there is s**t there,s money" :lol: thanks for looking.
tony557
tony557

Back to top Go down

Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) Empty Re: Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine)

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 9:39 pm

That's some good looking scratch building. Super nice rig you got going.

Back to top Go down

Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) Empty Re: Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine)

Post by Tumbler75 Fri 17 May 2013, 9:52 pm

That's some sweet scratchbuilding. Lots of plumbing too! You are doin' a great job so far. Keep at it. This is gonna be a winner. 8)
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tony557 Sun 19 May 2013, 9:45 pm

A few more pic updates I,m going to have to keep this a pretty quick build as I,m showing it next month.
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1344-1_zpsa96e9bc5[/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1345-1_zpsc549a465[/img]
[imgBedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1348-1_zps68ab42bc][/img]
[img]Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) IMG_1349-1_zps4017cc5f[/img]
Got a few more things to do like brush, shovel, rear lights and reg plate plus put steering wheel back in and it,s all about done.
Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) 524092055 Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) 1302946665
tony557
tony557

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbler75 Sun 19 May 2013, 11:03 pm

Lookin' good! Is this truck enclosed or open? Jus' curious. You are doing a great job on it! Good Luck at the show next month.
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 11:42 pm

Looking good the winch and fairlead looks perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 20 May 2013, 3:19 am

Nice build! Scratchbuilding is super good and that's a vehicle I've seen few fotos of over the decades. I remember from "All Creatures. . . " tv series, the knackerman's arrival was usually a sad time for farmers/ranchers.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 9:47 am

Very nice looking scratch build and great plumbing.

Back to top Go down

Post by tony557 Mon 20 May 2013, 8:46 pm

Tumbler75 wrote:Lookin' good! Is this truck enclosed or open? Jus' curious. You are doing a great job on it! Good Luck at the show next month.
I,m making it open top although they can be sheeted hence the brace half way down the body if I can remember rightly the sheet rolls right to left if I get chance I,ll take some pic,s of the setup as it,s the same as what we have on the 40 foot artic trailers we have. The newer ones we have at work built on a DAF chassie cab have a autosheet the same as tippers. Thanks for all the kind comments. Tony.
tony557
tony557

Back to top Go down

Bedford TK Fallen Stock Removal Truck (Bovine) Empty Wot Kit is it

Post by webby Tue 21 May 2013, 7:35 am

Tony,

What kit is the cab & chassis?- I'd like to add it to my collection. If it's from General Motors & in 1/24-25 scale, deal me in.

And a fine build too.

Cheers,

Chris
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 21 May 2013, 11:57 am

That's some nice work !!
Great lookin truck! :50:
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tony557 Tue 21 May 2013, 8:03 pm

webby wrote:Tony,

What kit is the cab & chassis?- I'd like to add it to my collection. If it's from General Motors & in 1/24-25 scale, deal me in.

And a fine build too.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris it,s one of KFS, s Vauxhall/Bedford (General motors US) cab and chassie kits they run at £99.00p +p+p . You might get it cheeper as that's the UK price which includes the VAT imposed on us poor souls in England. If you decide to get one I think Howard was doing one last run of 50 of them then stopping production. But I can tell you It,s a absolute fantastic cast in resin complete with cnc milled rear chassie extentions and all the PE bits and decals to make it as the real thing you also get optional badging steering wheel ect to make the older 1 generation TK. But as I say the price is pretty steep and I could not tell you about how much the Post would be to Australia you might be beter of sending H a email and playing from there. That,s about all the help I can give. Regard,s Tony and good luck.
tony557
tony557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 9:38 pm

Chris,here is a link to K.F.S. for you.They do some really tasty stuff.
http://www.kitformservices.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Wed 22 May 2013, 5:36 am

Thanks Tony & Arni. I had a look at the website. Drool. The price is a bit steep ATM, alas.

And the hotrodding possibilities for a Saracen armored car are interesting............

Cheers,

Chris
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 22 May 2013, 10:41 am

It's looking good Tony. Nice one.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony557 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:06 pm

Well the knacker wagon is only in need of the reg plates now I,ll get some pic.s up before I go AWOL on Thursday but I,m hoping I can get some WiFi conection at the hotel I,m staying at to post some pic,s of the show.
Tony.
tony557
tony557

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:06 pm

Some great scratch building on this truck. The finish look good.
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down