Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a lot of people know that !

2 posters

Go down

Not a lot of people know that ! Empty Not a lot of people know that !

Post by Ron234 Thu 07 Dec 2023, 12:19 pm

Not a lot of people know that !

7th.December 1941 - Today is infamous in US history for the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, by Japanese Forces. (Hawaii - a US colonial protectorate, which didn’t become a state until 1959)
....but did you know that the Japanese bombed Hong Kong the very day after, on the 8th.December. (Hong Kong, a British Colonial protectorate), where thousands of people including British, Indian and Canadian troops were killed over a period of a further 18 days before it surrendered with 10,000 people enslaved.
Not many people know that ! 😁

The other day I tried updating my profile - I thought I might admit my age - but when I worked with the Police I was told never to give away my real name and birthday details on any social media site as it goes straight to scammers, and I’d be prone to identity theft, so I didn’t. 😁
....But I have added a link in my profile to my fake name : Eugene Gilleno’s Pinterest account, if you’d like to see more photos of my model builds, big and small, plus a few other associated pursuits. Once on Pinterest, just click on the image of my younger self - taken 56 years ago. 🤣🤣
Ron234
Ron234

Location : The sunny borders of North Yorkshire and County Durham.

Back to top Go down

Not a lot of people know that ! Empty Re: Not a lot of people know that !

Post by Sam Sat 09 Dec 2023, 7:56 pm

One of my sons was born on the 8th because the Dr didn't want to work on a holiday. (scheduled c-section). Now I can say that he was.
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Ron234 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron234 Sat 09 Dec 2023, 8:37 pm

My father was serving in the Royal Navy Far East Fleet at the time, so I used to hear the fact most times Pearl Harbor was ever mentioned. 😁😁😁
Ron234
Ron234

Location : The sunny borders of North Yorkshire and County Durham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down