Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series

Go down

1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Empty 1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr 2020, 10:41 pm

I have been in a retro mood for a while now.  In my music, in the things I watch, in my writing, in my models.  I have viewed a Youtube video of the opening theme from a show called Stingray (1985).  It's about a man for hire who drives around town in a blacked out '65 Corvette helping people in return for favors.  It was a series that lasted two years for 24 episodes on NBC and it was created and produced by the late Stephen J. Cannell.
There was a model kit produced by Monogram in 1/24 scale and I had one, but I didn't build it like the TV car, but it is in need of a rebuild, covered in dirt and dust.  Time to correct a few things...paint the model (it was never painted), find some fog lights for the front bumper, detail the wheels and tires, black out the grille and bumpers.  Maybe I'll wire the engine, too.  Let's see what I can do with this 'Vette.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series CZD1L47
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series HCdvlLU
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Ou6H9VF
More Stingray to come...

Last edited by mrmike on Wed 29 Apr 2020, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Empty Re: 1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2020, 2:23 pm

I took this Corvette a bit further on deconstruction than I originally thought I would.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series CnahbM0
The engine was deconstructed and now I have glued the halves back together and getting ready for paint.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series FlwefGO
The interior was stripped of everything in prep for a bath!
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series 91OFJ5X
More Stingray to come...

Back to top Go down

1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Empty Re: 1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 4:03 pm

I have been picking away at some of the parts for this Corvette. I detailed the wheels some Aluminium Metalizer and a little black wash around the lug nuts.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series NJsvtGm
I removed the chrome from the front and rear bumpers, grille and the fog lights.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Q8M4Rsf
The engine is in progress. I wasn't sure how the ignition wires were suppose to be lead out of the box shield, so I just routed them out from under and I'll route them to the cylinder heads.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Z3a5KF6
More Stingray to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Mon 27 Apr 2020, 10:30 pm

Mike, for the small block Chev with the "rams horn" exhausts, I cheat and run short leads under the rear of the exhaust manifold, and I stop them there, rather than going to the plugs. Since the manifold hides most of the leads you can get away with it.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Mon 27 Apr 2020, 10:33 pm

Mike, for the small block Chev with the "rams horn" exhausts, I cheat and run short leads under the rear of the exhaust manifold, and I stop them there, rather than going to the plugs. Since the manifold hides most of the leads you can get away with it.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2020, 3:16 am

Thanks for the tip webby! I know that there a re several models that "hide" the plug wires rather well, but if I don't run them to the plug locations, why have them to begin with?!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2020, 3:09 am

I gave the Corvette a bath tonight with some Dawn Detergent and an old toothbrush.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series Y3XrgFa
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series DcGJ6hG
I got the engine repainted and wired, dash, steering wheel, exhaust tips and rocker panel trim detailed.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series 9wowxCI
More Stingray to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2020, 3:45 am

I did a little painting and assembly tonight.
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series CfefktA
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series 1VrvfdG
1965 Chevrolet Corvette from the "Stingray" TV Series RahzfFA
More Stingray to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down