Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..?

4 posters

Go down

Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..? Empty Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..?

Post by disabled modeler Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

Hi gents and ladies..!

I like to try to make a replica of every vehicle the family had owned over the years possible...have some done already myself but was wondering who here dose the same as me or tries to..?

I so far have these done of them we once owned...

70 GTO
74 Ford long bed pickup
69 Plymouth Satellite wagon
64 Dodge 330
70 Chevy Impala HT

I still have a very long way to go on the ones we had yet.

So who here dose the same..?

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..? Empty Re: Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..?

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:33 pm

Iv'e done a couple of builds of 1:1's that my father has owned over the years.
1953 Ford Crestline Convertible
1971 Mercury Cougar (from the 1973 AMT kit)

Back to top Go down

Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..? Empty Re: Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..?

Post by beowulf Wed 15 Jan 2020, 6:51 pm

only one ive tried to do was a replica of my brothers Mini grass track racer........never did manage to replicate the Union Jack flag on the roof

Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..? 1b_410
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:49 pm

beowulf wrote:only one ive tried to do was a replica of my brothers Mini grass track racer........never did manage to replicate the Union Jack flag on the roof

Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..? 1b_410
I built a Mini years ago and I downloaded an image of a union jack that I found online and printed it out on decal paper.  It appears that the clear I applied rather heavily shrunk and cracked the decal.  I wished I had made the decal larger to cover the entire roof.Family owned replicas...who here builds them for their collection..? Mini0310

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

Very cool gents..! I like them. I find making or having family owned replicas are a great addition to ones collection and great for the good memories too...plus there part of ones history. I have a very very long way to go on mine yet have to find parts for some I do have and find others or make others I dont yet of them...some wont be easy to find or make but have to try right..??? My family was very lucky to have some very rare and cool vehicles ...its a huge list of them Im working on for the collection of them yet. Some we were lucky enough to own once are....

70 and 71 Mercury Cyclones
70,71,72,74 GTOs
72 Firebird Formula
75 Trans Am
67,69,70,71,72,85 Pontiac Grand Prixs
76 Pontiac Can Am
74? Pontiac Grand Am
66,68,69 Impala SS HTs
64 Chevelle SS HT
67,72 Oldsmobile Toronados
64,68,70,72,73 Olds Cutlass
70 Maverick Grabber
68,72 Ford Torino GTs
66 Buick Skylark GS HT
72 Buick Riviaira GS
65,66,68 Fury HTs some were Sport Furys
74 Cuda
66 Chrysler 300 HT
65,66,68 Dodge Monacos
70 or 71? Dodge Demon
60 Desoto wagon with a hemi engine..LOL
67,68,69 AMC Ambassadors
68,70 AMC Rebels/SSTs
74 AMC AMX
66,67,68,69,70,73 Cadillac coupe/sedan devilles
and a bunch more of them..some more mundane than others.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sat 18 Jan 2020, 5:01 pm

Can't say that my family owned a lot of classic, cool or fancy cars when I was growing up but the one vehicle that I would build for the memories is a 1970's era VW camper van with the rear hinged pop top. I think it was a T2 with Westfalia add ons but I can't say for sure. It was orange and beige and cranky and adorable.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 19 Jan 2020, 1:07 pm

KatsZenJammer wrote:Can't say that my family owned a lot of classic, cool or fancy cars when I was growing up but the one vehicle that I would build for the memories is a 1970's era VW camper van with the rear hinged pop top. I think it was a T2 with Westfalia add ons but I can't say for sure. It was orange and beige and cranky and adorable.

That sounds like a cool project to build..might be possible using the Revell/Monogram camper van kit and a older van to make one from..? I like campers and motorhome models and promos. My family once owned a few of them too that might be able to be made from other kits,etc. possibly...???

73,75 Dodge,76 Chevy van cab and chassis 1 ton duallie motorhomes.
A few bumper pull camping trailers.
72 Chevy van mini motorhome..have that kit but needs all the camper related parts.(AMT Chevy Mini Motorhome Open Road)...they must have gotten used on something else years ago before I got it..???

I find having family owned replica builds or promos of them rewarding to have in ones collection...been working on making all that might be possible to.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:23 am

I would but there's no Hillman Minxes, Fiat 1500-125S-132, Alfa 33, Holden HQ, Holden Geminis, or Commodore kits. I can get a resin '69 Skylark!
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Mon 20 Jan 2020, 11:59 am

webby wrote:I would but there's no Hillman Minxes, Fiat 1500-125S-132, Alfa 33, Holden HQ, Holden Geminis, or Commodore kits. I can get a resin '69 Skylark!

Webby... I thought someone made some resin Holdens like used in the Mad Max movies once..??? Those would be cool. I good friend of mine owned a 69 Skylark GS Californian years ago..cool car. I know of not many resins they ever made of some of the ones my family once owned but there are a few..and very pricey too..too much sadly. Many my family once owned I could make with the right donors and a lot of work but would be worth it in the end. Id just have to find those to try.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down