Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nail in the coffin ?

+2
Promodmerc
Sam
6 posters

Go down

Nail in the coffin ? Empty Nail in the coffin ?

Post by Sam Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:43 pm

I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers with this, and I completely understand the reasoning behind the decision, but like it or not beautiful women, whether being fans,significant others,or grid girls, have been a part of F1 for decades. So I do wonder how it will effect viewership.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/f1-to-end-long-standing-practice-of-using-grid-girls/ar-BBIwkeG?li=BBnba9I

I personally tune in for the sound of the engine and the miscalculations of the drivers. So I already have no interest in watching an electric version and zero interest in watching one without drivers.
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Nail in the coffin ? Empty Re: Nail in the coffin ?

Post by Promodmerc Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm

F1 has got so boring, the grid girls were the only reason it was still worth watching.

What's next? No cheer leaders in football?
Promodmerc
Promodmerc
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:51 pm

Well as long as the girls are happy to do it, why not?
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:07 am

Personally I have never cared for the BS of cheerleaders, I could careless if they are removed from all sports.

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:56 am

Lol....if you follow moto gp and visit the official website they have a section purly for paddock girls. After every race it gets updated
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Thu 01 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

HMmmm, Don't follow F1, or go to any live racing events except for a couple of times at our local stock car track. But the subject being girls ,Grid, back up, or cheerleaders I probably shouldn't chime in.
In today's society being 'politically correct" seems to be the mantra. Politics is ruining a lot of things. Not only entire countries overall, but trickling down to things we each enjoy. It has ruined football for many of us Americans.
OK, this is about girls, I wasn't aware of 'grid girls'. but I have noticed in other racing sports that I have watched, they use girls. At major motorcycle events they have girls standing by riders shading them with umbrellas at the start grid. In drag racing we have back up girls who guide drivers backing back to the line after burnout. When I watched football, I always enjoyed glimpses of the scantily clad cheerleaders.
Trying to stay on subject here. Aside from a few women, racing is a male dominant sport Who made that decision ?  I am wondering about the reasoning of replacing grid girls with men in scanty shorts ??
Has the leadership been taken over by the 'rainbow' crowd? Is this being pushed by uptight feminists groups ?
Somewhere, someone is being pushed around, or influenced,  by a handful of discontented people. And I can't understand why they cave in to a minority ! We're seeing this in every  small town. Leadership groups that react to whatever the current imagined insult is popular at the time.
God, so many things to relate on what is going wrong with society ! have to get off the soap box.
Cheers,
Nail in the coffin ? 3868354571
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:04 am

I probably shouldn't check in to the computer until AFTER the coffee has perked and I can drink some ! I'm better now !
Nail in the coffin ? 1705482731
Nail in the coffin ? 2776978727
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Promodmerc Thu 01 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

Geezerman wrote:HMmmm, Don't follow F1, or go to any live racing events except for a couple of times at our local stock car track. But the subject being girls ,Grid, back up, or cheerleaders I probably shouldn't chime in.
In today's society being 'politically correct" seems to be the mantra. Politics is ruining a lot of things. Not only entire countries overall, but trickling down to things we each enjoy. It has ruined football for many of us Americans.
OK, this is about girls, I wasn't aware of 'grid girls'. but I have noticed in other racing sports that I have watched, they use girls. At major motorcycle events they have girls standing by riders shading them with umbrellas at the start grid. In drag racing we have back up girls who guide drivers backing back to the line after burnout. When I watched football, I always enjoyed glimpses of the scantily clad cheerleaders.
Trying to stay on subject here. Aside from a few women, racing is a male dominant sport Who made that decision ?  I am wondering about the reasoning of replacing grid girls with men in scanty shorts ??
Has the leadership been taken over by the 'rainbow' crowd? Is this being pushed by uptight feminists groups ?
Somewhere, someone is being pushed around, or influenced,  by a handful of discontented people. And I can't understand why they cave in to a minority ! We're seeing this in every  small town. Leadership groups that react to whatever the current imagined insult is popular at the time.
God, so many things to relate on what is going wrong with society ! have to get off the soap box.
Cheers,
Nail in the coffin ? 3868354571

I couldn't have said it better. Nail in the coffin ? 1705482731
Promodmerc
Promodmerc
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:43 pm

Sam wrote:The girls are fighting back.

They should televise that... Nail in the coffin ? 1705482731
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm

This decision was brought to you by the same morons that put a WWF announcer on the mike at Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down