Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large Scale Build

+8
Skid
disabled modeler
Geezerman
Mr Hirakawa
GaryDainton
KatsZenJammer
harron68
Sam
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Large Scale Build - Page 3 Empty Re: Large Scale Build

Post by KatsZenJammer Sun 25 Sep 2016, 9:25 pm

Gorgeous result! Just beautiful, something to be proud of Large Scale Build - Page 3 1705482731
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 3:59 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. Here are some pictures of the finished project.

Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161010
Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161012
Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161011
Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161015
Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161016
Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161013
Large Scale Build - Page 3 20161014
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Wed 12 Oct 2016, 6:55 pm

Fabulous job Mitch, how does it drive compared to a modern car?
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:18 am

Beautiful work, Mitch.
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:39 am

Great build Mitch, with all the little details it looks so real. The parking lot dio looks great too. Fantastic work, you should be very proud.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:50 am

Muhaha!
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hirakawa Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:08 am

This is an outstanding piece of work SR65. If you don't mind, I would like to 'borrow' these photographs for future reference as I'm afraid my car building skills only go as far as scale models.
Once again, an outstanding piece of work. I can only imagine what it sounds like.
Mr Hirakawa
Mr Hirakawa
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:08 pm

Looks awesome Mitch....! Large Scale Build - Page 3 1705482731

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

Great job Mitch, she looks fantastic.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:20 pm

dublin boy wrote:Fabulous job Mitch, how does it drive compared to a modern car?

The engineering on modern cars is so much better as far as drivability and ride quality.
My son drove it and he said he didn't feel as safe as when he was driving his Kia.
Its an old muscle car. Its cold blooded, heavy, no computer assisted anything. You have to "operate" a car like this.
You have to set the choke, feather the brakes, and plan your stops a little sooner.

However, the "thumbs up" and "nice car" comments and the sound of a big inch V8 and the harsh shifts with tire chirps more than make up for the poor comparisons to modern cars.

Last edited by Speed Racer 65 on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:21 pm

Plastic Freak wrote:Great build Mitch, with all the little details it looks so real. The parking lot dio looks great too. Fantastic work, you should be very proud.

Thanks Curt, the miniature squirrels and moving birds were the most difficult part of the dio...
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:29 pm

Mr Hirakawa wrote:This is an outstanding piece of work SR65. If you don't mind, I would like to 'borrow' these photographs for future reference as I'm afraid my car building skills only go as far as scale models.
Once again, an outstanding piece of work. I can only imagine what it sounds like.

Absolutely Mr. H. I have a lot more pictures if any of you guys want reference.

Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:38 pm

Speed Racer 65 wrote:
dublin boy wrote:Fabulous job Mitch, how does it drive compared to a modern car?

The engineering on modern cars is so much better as far as drivability and ride quality.
My son drove it and he said he didn't feel as safe as when he was driving his Kia.
Its an old muscle car. Its cold blooded, heavy, no computer assisted anything. You have to "operate" a car like this.
You have to set the choke, feather the brakes, and plan you stops a little sooner.

However, the "thumbs up" and "nice car" comments and the sound of a big inch V8 and the harsh shifts with tire chirps more than make up for the poor comparisons to modern cars.

I know what you mean, you're in control 100% of the time. I have an old car with nothing apart from power brakes and steering,
I've never driven anything like that, I'd imagine 80 probably feels like you're doing 120!
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Promodmerc Thu 13 Oct 2016, 7:01 pm

dublin boy wrote:
Speed Racer 65 wrote:

You have to set the choke, feather the brakes, and plan you stops a little sooner.

I know what you mean, you're in control 100% of the time. I have an old car with nothing apart from power brakes and steering,
I've never driven anything like that, I'd imagine 80 probably feels like you're doing 120!

I like everything but the wheels. I've never been a fan of any version of Chevy Rally Wheels.

Shay, I had a '73 Nova 24-25 years ago. It had a 350 with some engine upgrades. The shocks were shot on it. One day I was on the interstate when a late 70's Trans-Am when flying by me. I said oh hell know and tried t catch the guy.

I looked down & I was doing 90MPH with the car floating all over the place. Good thing the road was straight. 90 felt like 60. I had know idea I was going that fast.
Promodmerc
Promodmerc
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Thu 13 Oct 2016, 7:17 pm

Gorgeous cars and a fabulous sound. Wouldn't be any good on the backroads here, you could never use the power, poor brakes and suspension, my 25 year old MX-5 would just be gone.

I'd still love to drive one with a manual box though, I'd have fun with that, but I'd drive it on straight roads, it's just to heavy. No reason you couldn't upgrade the brakes and suspension though.
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm

Large Scale Build - Page 3 1705482731

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 7:50 pm

Promodmerc wrote:

I like everything but the wheels. I've never been a fan of any version of Chevy Rally Wheels.

Shay, I had a '73 Nova 24-25 years ago. It had a 350 with some engine upgrades. The shocks were shot on it. One day I was on the interstate when a late 70's Trans-Am when flying by me. I said oh hell know and tried t catch the guy.

I looked down & I was doing 90MPH with the car floating all over the place. Good thing the road was straight. 90 felt like 60. I had know idea I was going that fast.

The wheels aren't my favorite either and if I was going to keep it I would put a set of Torque Thrust Ds on it like the Yenko dealership did back in the day. I figure with the stock rallys it has a COPO flavor and the next owner can upgrade the wheels to their personal preference if they want to. Wheels can make or break the looks of a car. While these don't add to it, I don't think the detract either. I just don't want to invest anymore in it that I may not be able to get back.
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Promodmerc Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:56 pm

Speed Racer 65 wrote:
Promodmerc wrote:

The wheels aren't my favorite either and if I was going to keep it I would put a set of Torque Thrust Ds on it like the Yenko dealership did back in the day. I figure with the stock rallys it has a COPO flavor and the next owner can upgrade the wheels to their personal preference if they want to. Wheels can make or break the looks of a car. While these don't add to it, I don't think the detract either. I just don't want to invest anymore in it that I may not be able to get back.

Ahhh. I didn't know you were selling it.

Wish I had the money. I'd take it off your hands. I'll be 50 in 4 months so the "mid-life crisis" is starting Large Scale Build - Page 3 1792231099
Promodmerc
Promodmerc
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:13 pm

Promodmerc wrote:

Ahhh. I didn't know you were selling it.

Wish I had the money. I'd take it off your hands. I'll be 50 in 4 months so the "mid-life crisis" is starting Large Scale Build - Page 3 1792231099

Here you go... http://r.ebay.com/nq6RrI
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:36 pm

That's a lot of car for the money Mitch.
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3