Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ? Empty Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ?

Post by Jeff Johnston Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:29 pm

It's offered by Testors but I'm curious if its the Fujimi or what other kit it might be.  I'm thinking on bidding but don't want to end up with a reboxed (poor) AMT KIT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130957745464?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Jeff Johnston
Jeff Johnston

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ? Empty Re: Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ?

Post by harron68 Tue 06 Aug 2013, 4:28 pm

Not likely the old AMT, tho I like most AMTs. The Testors is 1/24 so it can't be a reissue of an AMT anyway. I haven't seen any newer Testors sports cars, but I wasn't thrilled with them when they started issuing them in those wide, flatter boxes. I went to various online "hobby stores" and didn't find any there and a quick Google images" of Lambo models got none like the one on e-bay. My guess it's from a while back. Wish I could help more.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ? Empty Re: Does anyone know what Lamborghini kit this is ?

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm

Not a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Tue 06 Aug 2013, 6:55 pm

Testors was with a few other company's, Monogram, Fujimi and a couple of others from overseas but was never with AMT or MPC. Being 1/24th scale I would say from overseas. I would say it is a Fujimi reissue by Testors but not sure. 2whl or skid might know for sure.
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:49 pm

Dunno what your issue is with the AMTs. I'm hoping it's something better than a no-engine-snap-kit variation. maybe looking at other Testors kits can give you an idea of quality and detail. I'll get on with a bigger search in a couple hours.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Johnston Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:46 am

My issue with the AMT is that the last time I built it, I found it impossible to get the wheels to sit properly under the wheel well and it just looks toy like to me.

I have since learned that the Testors Kit is an Italieri which would probably be a curbside but that's OK with me for this kit.
Jeff Johnston
Jeff Johnston

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 1:04 am

All of the Testor's 'yellow' box kits that I have....have engines

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:10 am

http://compare.ebay.com/like/120899569097?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar# Here's the link to Testors-Iraleri Lambo kit for sale. Price is ridiculous $90, but there are 3 fotos including one of opened box with plastic trees in view. Kit does have an engine, but not great in detail from what I saw.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Johnston Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:33 am

That's the kit I am talking about. The one I am bidding on is a LOT cheaper :)
Jeff Johnston
Jeff Johnston

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

I understand that the $90 kit is a different one. I mentioned the pricey one as the trees of pieces are shown and the engine halves are visible. With a day to go bid sits at $9 yet. Good luck.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:04 pm

This kit is the same of the Italeri kit, Italeri and Testors shared some kits.

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down