Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw a nice Mini today.

5 posters

Go down

Saw a nice Mini today. Empty Saw a nice Mini today.

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 8:20 pm

Had to take a car for it's annual test and it was lined up and waiting it's turn,it's a 93 car that has been given the Cooper look.
Saw a nice Mini today. C4-1_zps9204a669

Saw a nice Mini today. C5_zps93a9a2be

Back to top Go down

Saw a nice Mini today. Empty Re: Saw a nice Mini today.

Post by beowulf Mon 20 May 2013, 9:36 pm

thats in nice nick.......still miss my little doggy doo brown mini.....and i got rid of that 20 year ago! lol

whats the ski ramp in the background?......you aint got any Harriers lol
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 9:54 pm

LOL Paul,it was used for truck brake testing before computerised rollers were introduced.

Btw,the white building in the first shot is where the P.S.N.I. rebody armoured Land - Rovers.

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 21 May 2013, 2:34 am

The MINI design was a real revolution when it came out. Until one has seen one for the first time, they have no idea on how small and low to the ground they were.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Tue 21 May 2013, 10:01 am

i will have to find the pics of my brothers mini when he used to race

was my regions Autograss Class 1 champ 2 years on the trot until in the 3rd season he rolled it 4 times, totaled the car and broke his arm in 2 places .....kinda put him off after that lol

he aquired a mini clubman that was a genuine little old lady job.......had hardly ever gone out of the village, always serviced at the local garage, when she gave up driving some feller bought it to learn to drive in, after he had failed his driving test 6 times he gave up and my brother got it for next to nothing cos it would never have got thro the MOT on body work..........we stripped it, welded in a new floor and a roll cage, had only done 35 thou miles, we took the head off and you could still read the writing on top of the pistons!.........spent the next two years getting the wotnots revved off it, ...........after 2 seasons the shell was knackered but the engine was still sound so we aquired a regular mini shell with a dead engine and did a transfer,........................cept a clubman engine/box is wider and longer lol.....amazing what you can get to fit with a bolster and a number 1 adjuster ............lasted a season and a half til it was totalled
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by TECHMAN Thu 23 May 2013, 10:26 am

Saw a nice Mini today. 526717946 Saw a nice Mini today. 526717946 Saw a nice Mini today. 526717946

GREAT LOOKIN' LITTLE MINI!!!!!!!!!!! Only "crossed paths" with one of the little cars (in my younger days), bought it in L.A., and got to drive it back up into Oregon....where it PROMPTLY sold.... Saw a nice Mini today. 3188091063 Got to "own" it, just long enough to FALL IN LOVE with it!!!!!!! Saw a nice Mini today. 3188091063

DJ

TECHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2013, 8:07 pm

They are fantastic little cars indeed,I have owned 11 of them over the years. 001

Back to top Go down

Post by coyote Fri 24 May 2013, 1:21 am

Nice Mini NIge.

How does the ski ramp work in regards to brake testing???? Quite a curious set up.
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbler75 Fri 24 May 2013, 3:07 am

Seein' this makes me miss my li'l '69 Austin. Great lookin' ride and someone has taken great car to keep that car beautiful.

The "ramp" in the background looks like a new Star Trek Launch site to me. LoL Saw a nice Mini today. 524092055
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 8:11 pm

Chris,it is disused nowadays but was used to check the holding capabilities of commercial vehicles before the computerised ramps were installed.So it probably has been decommisioned 25 odd years..

Jason,your would have been a MK2 then,my first car was one of the very last MK1s an Austin 850 SuperDeluxe and I wish I still had it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down