Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72

2 posters

Go down

Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72 Empty Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72

Post by deckape Mon 22 Apr 2013, 6:23 pm

Ahoy
Here is another flying boat, this is last of the flying boats,, The P5M Marlin was the mainstay from 1954 to 1971 with the event of jet aircraft replaced the piston engine flying boat ending an era when once the flying boat ruled the globe........ The P5M Marlin entered the service in 1953 to 1971 the Marlin was the successor to the Martin Mars although in 1956 the flying boat was beginning to be obsolete with the end of WW2 there were no need for flying boats........ most were bought up by private owners..... The Marlins were stricken from the naval register in 1971 operation market time Vietnam was its last mission as a anti submarine patrol bomber. there are none left in the world they were all sent to the scrap heap only the Martin Mars is still in operation and continue to be still flying.

I had this kit since it was first released in October of 1970 right after Hasagawa released the new Japanese PS1
flying boat very similar to the Marlin flying boat..... the kit is excellent no fit issues during assembly the landing flaps are operable and its a large model will make sa great companion next to the Airfix Short sunderland flying boat....... Hasegawa was the worlds first in highly detailed subjects they produced new tooling in kits never done before the price of their kits in the early days of production they were dirt cheap. The Marlin cost me only $8.00 back then I haven't seen any of these kits in 20 years or more don't know if they produce them all I know about Hasegawa kits nowdays they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and then some.

Franklyn

Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72 Pict0018
Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72 Pict0019
Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72 Pict0020

Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72 Pict0021
deckape
deckape

Back to top Go down

Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72 Empty Re: Hasegawa P5M MARLIN 1/72

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 12:06 am

Nice work. Top shelf all the way.

Back to top Go down