Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Red Kneck Spray Booth

2 posters

Go down

My Red Kneck Spray Booth Empty My Red Kneck Spray Booth

Post by Gothic Kustomz Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:57 pm

Yea , I said that, this booth can be used indoors, great on getting out the nasty stuff, thru the window, here's what I got,

(1) 66qt clear tub, good for putting your light outside of the tub, 9.00 at the dollar Generial OH! dont forget the lid, your gonna wanna use it later, I recomend you get the clear tub, you can use a desk lamp thru the side, or over the top, for lighting

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0726_zps92524d6e

(2) Bathroom vent, I got a 50 cfm, might be a bit to low, so I would suggest not going any lower, but the next step up would be better 13.48 at Lowes:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0727_zps7094389d

(3) I got this vent, or dryer, vent tube, on a discount, becouse part was missing, I pay'd 5.00, at Lowes:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0728_zpsf8ebd04c

(4) 6' extension cord, now you may need this, or not, I got it to run to my surge proctector, as a on off switch, 1.67 at Lowes:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0729_zps21309766

(5) Air filter, now I got the big cut to fit kind, so I could make 2 filter's for the booth, you will only need one, but this is a better deal, 5.46 at Lowes:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0730_zps3d153226

(6) Date tape, LOL, you know how to use this, I hope, cheap roll, 2" 3.98 at Lowes:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0731_zps56afd64a

All total: 29.59, without tax's, Price may be higher if you get a higher CFM bathroom vent, and a different dryer vent kit.

Gothic Kustomz

Back to top Go down

My Red Kneck Spray Booth Empty Re: My Red Kneck Spray Booth

Post by Gothic Kustomz Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:00 pm

Putting your Red Kneck Booth together:

Take the Bathroom vent, and inspect it, you will see the plug, this will have to be directed outside of the intake box, as shown, now I used date tape, to kinda insulate it, once you plug your extension cord in to this plug, you will not need to unplug it from here again, do not plug it in yet:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0735_zps09922038

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0736_zps85dce326

DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING INTO THIS PLUG, OR THE WIRE'S INSIDE, FORGET THIS IS EVEN THERE, YOU WANNA BLOW UP?

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0737_zps0b666f72

Now the vent moter will come with a lil vent tube, I seal'd mine using date tape.
Now cut the bottom of your tub, yes using the vent as the templet, use what ever you like to do this, I used my bulldog dremel with a cutting wheel, now you wanna make this cut kinda tight, I'll explain, there are lil nipples on the side of the vent, your gonna force these thru the opening to help with keeping it in the box:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0738_zps4d456136

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0739_zps0a809480

Now because the dryer vent tube is wider then the vent tube on the vent box, I used cardboard???? not sure about this, but I needed something to fit it, and it's not really that long, you can use whatever you decide, but because its right at the begining of the vent it should be ok, the air thru there is kinda fast:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0740_zps77a8c22b

Now use the date tape to seal it all together, add extra support, should look like this, first layer of tape should be folded in half, and you should go all the way around the box, then a layer aver the edge of that, till you have it flat on the tub, and flat against the vent box, Back:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0742_zpsb1afa138

View inside the tub, your gonna wanna do the same tape routine on the inside, 2 objects here? (1) help hold the vent housing into the back of the tub, (2) jelp seal the tub to the vent box, remember we want as much of the yucky stuff to go thru the vent:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0741_zps9a41f55b

Remeber that Blur filter stuff I got, well cut it down to the size of the bottom of the tub:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0743_zpsa71d0526

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0744_zps098d72a6

Take a piece of old intertainment shelving, or what ever, as a working base, set your paint stand on it like this:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0745_zpsd2ed5d9e

Now remember the lid? well when not in use, you can use the lid, to cover, the work space like this, will help keep the dust, fur, what ever, down:

My Red Kneck Spray Booth 100_0746_zpsb0baaec8

NOTE; TAKE A SMALL STRIP OF WOOD AND LAY IT INDER THE BACK OF THE TUB, TO KINDA LEVEL IT OUT.

Once your done building, run your dryer tube to the nearst window, close the window on the tube, venting outside.

Good luck and have fun, hope this will help out....

NOTE: spend the few extra bucks and get a good roll of date tape, my cheap brand held on 11 days, and like a fart in the wind it was gone....

Gothic Kustomz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbler75 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:59 pm

Great tip! I'll have to keep this in mind.
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:04 pm

Nice job of building the booth. It should work well for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm

Super idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down