Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1969 GTO Judge

Go down

1969 GTO Judge Empty 1969 GTO Judge

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 6:04 pm

Got Big Blue behind me and I wanted something simple to do. This kit as been bugging me for weeks. The box is muckclededung and the other boxes won't stack right. So I picked it. The build will be box stock except for some plug wires and things like that. This is the kit.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0323

I didn't want the front end to look like it was a vinyl bolt on piece so I puttied it all together.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0324

1969 GTO Judge 100_0325

Engine will be Pontiac Blue.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0326

Couldn't find any Carousel Red so the body color will be Testor's Competition Orange. It's a little light but I found the Dupli-Color Clear darkens it just a bit and it looks pretty close to me. Iam gonna fly it. Here is the body with one coat of color. I will wet sand and then clear this out later.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0327

The interior will be different shades of Black and Silver. I will add so BMF here and there a little later. Here is the interior with the floor flocked.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0328

That should give you an idea of where I going. I will update more in a couple days. Thanks for looking in, all comments and questions are welcome.

Back to top Go down

1969 GTO Judge Empty Re: 1969 GTO Judge

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. LOL at John. Eye burner paint. Thanks Don for the interior comment. I have been using Gel Pens to do the guages and dashes. I don't know what Gel Ink is but it dries like paint. The pens come in fine and medium points. Every color you can think of. I have found the Micheal's Crafts seem to be the best place to find them around here. Walmart has a few but not many colors. Same with Staples.

I had not used Testor's spray paint in a long time. I forgot how long it takes to cure. The paint feels soft to the touch. I don't leave finger prints in it when I handle the body but it doesn't feel like it's ready to be sanded,decal-ed and cured. I am going to set it aside for a couple days and build something else. I will drop back to this later.

I have the interior finished. It is right out of the box with black flock added.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0440

Got the wheels done. I painted the center Steel Metalizer. Then hit the flat spots with a white gel pen. When it all dried it was almost what I had in mind. I might give the centers a black wash later just to darken them a touch.

1969 GTO Judge 100_0441

Also Iam trying to figure out all the Judge decals. I have no instructions sheet so I am winging this one. I know where the stripes go and the 4 judges, one small 3 large. The GTO goes on the trunk. Still leaves me with 4 that I can't figure. If anyone can help that would rock.

Thanks for looking in. We will be back to this later. All comments and questions are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

Just to update ya. The Judge is in the CSC. I decal ed it and then when I cleared it the paint weirded out. I even did a test on an old body first. Oh well it won't be orange but it will get done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down