Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modelling for me

3 posters

Go down

Modelling for me  Empty Modelling for me

Post by A5h Mon 20 May 2024, 10:12 am

I just wrote a huge backstory about the last decade but I went to take a picture and it deleted it all.
So I’ll start again from not too long ago.
I moved here after splitting up with someone and after some time I decided to sell everything as 1 lot on eBay, kits to brushes. My partner talked me out of it and prodded me into finishing something with the hopes I’d start up again. It worked.
Since then I’ve finished nearly all of my part started kits and a few from the ones I’d not touched.
I’m a gamer and have a desk with a PS5 and a monitor so I put down a modelling mat and grab the stuff from the cupboard which I need and get to work, usually with some kind of film on in the background from Netflix/prime/youtube.
Indoors is nice but the place where I keep my airbrush isn’t. It’s a dirty dusty outbuilding with a terrible leaking roof. The electrician came round a few months ago and turn off the power to it because water was dripping from the roof and onto the fuse box thing. He said if I can fashion some sort of diverter above the fuse box thing I can turn the power back on. Half a bucket and some tiger seal solved that problem.
Modelling for me  Img_6810
I’ve used for the past however long a makeshift table to hold my airbrush and put a shelf on the wall to hold paint pots etc and a little tub to catch the water.
Modelling for me  Img_6728
It’s rough but worked kinda until the other day when I knocked over my 2k clear hardener. Which fell down the back and I’d lost half before I managed to grab it out of the sand.
My partner asked me why don’t I get a table and to be honest I’d never thought of it, she bought me a table and job done.
Modelling for me  Img_6811
All I need now is a box to place over my clear coated things and try to keep the dust off them while they dry off for a couple of hours.
To be honest having somewhere to sit feels really good, I just need to wait until the roof leaks so I can see where it lands and get another tub to catch the water, she’s got me a tarp to put over it incase I miss the storm so I don’t flood all my good stuff.
So there we have it. My new spraying area and I’m so chuffed about it that I wanted to share. Thanks for reading my essay.
Cheers
Modelling for me  1705482731
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Mr Hirakawa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Modelling for me  Empty Re: Modelling for me

Post by Ron234 Mon 20 May 2024, 7:10 pm

Once scale modelling is in the blood Ash, there is no escaping it. 😁
I’ve been building since 1955.....and still sticking things together, with every build a challenge, and still learning.
Scale modelling gets bad press as being boring, but it’s harmless fun , and I find it satisfying, and an escape from the cruel world - beats just sitting watching TV every night as others seem to do.
Building and painting set up varies with everybody, but you seem to have it sorted, not perfect admittedly........it helps if your other half approves. 😁👍🏼
Ron234
Ron234

Location : The sunny borders of North Yorkshire and County Durham.

Mr Hirakawa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Tue 21 May 2024, 5:00 pm

I've been through 3 phases of building Ash, teens, late 20's and then in my early forties.

I'm feeling "the force" now again I'm 55.

It's always there mate.
dublin boy
dublin boy

A5h and Ron234 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron234 Wed 22 May 2024, 11:22 am

You’re a mere stripling, Shay 😁
Ron234
Ron234

Location : The sunny borders of North Yorkshire and County Durham.

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Wed 22 May 2024, 12:28 pm

What you on with now shay?
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Thu 23 May 2024, 6:40 pm

1964 Barracuda Ash with 18/20 inch wheels, and I don't feel that young anymore Ron!
dublin boy
dublin boy

Ron234 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down