Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1909 Hupmobile - Brass-Era sporty driving - done!

2 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

1909 Hupmobile - Brass-Era sporty driving - done! Empty Re: 1909 Hupmobile - Brass-Era sporty driving - done!

Post by harron68 Sat 24 Jul 2021, 9:42 pm

First I've seen of one of these. Thanx for the wonderful detailed piece at your website! Before I lost my
modeling mojo" I had started the old MPC Stutz. For things like copper or brass on the kit's excellent engine, i used very thin colored foil from old candy wrappers. For some places it worked like a charm.
Re: what to do with wood, most floorboards would likely be done in just paint, black was cheap. The dash was often a selling feature of the car, so varnish was the thing. On the engine color, I'm not sure. Engines could be bought from suppliers, like the "wisconsin" engine company. Whatever color the company used, was what was installed. Black paint went on most accessories on the engine. When I began my Stutz, the books by "Automobile Quarterly" were a big help. My (unfinished) model had a red underside fenders, and black upper. The Auto. Quarterly had the paint scheme.
I'm running on again, thanx for a superior build and description of how you work your magic!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down