Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox

4 posters

Go down

M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox Empty M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox

Post by beowulf Sat 14 Jul 2018, 10:52 am

thoroughly enjoyed doing this, always liked braille scale armour which i guess goes back to being a kid.....just one of those things that appeals

this was new tool by Matchbox back in 1974 and since i can remember doing this when i was into modelmaking the first time round i must have done it not long after it came out as i gave up the hobby about 1978......leaving school/job/beer/motorbike etc becoming more important.....im sure we can all relate to that lol

2 years ago i drew up a list of kits that i did remember doing way back then, and the plan was to find a kit and have another go just for old times sake.....all airfix, revell, matchbox, frog kits....back then it was pretty much all there was in the village newsagents lol....when Matchbox came along it was like a breath of fresh air cos they chose some interesting subjects no one else did and it the sprues were always in 2 or 3 colours..this is one i can cross off the list (still looking for that Airfix Belvedere at a sensible price lol)

wanted to try and do it how i would have done back then.......so brush painted (but not enamels!) and railway scatter for the grass......from the pics i can see i over did the mud a bit which is easy done in this scale but hey ho, still fun
enjoyed it so much im doing another ex-Matchbox kit next

M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox O8c9zc
M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox Rcpj6c
M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox Z7mgy
M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox Mn16hc
and one for scale
M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox 2s7z1ax

beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox Empty Re: M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox

Post by GaryDainton Sat 14 Jul 2018, 3:24 pm

Brilliant Paul, and the base is lovely. M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox 1705482731
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox Empty Re: M16 Halftrack, Braille scale, Revell/Matchbox

Post by KatsZenJammer Sat 14 Jul 2018, 11:58 pm

Excellent build! And the mud spatter doesn't seem too overdone, the crater provides a plausible reason for such chunky spray (pardon the Aussie slang, lol).
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sun 15 Jul 2018, 8:57 am

Nice one Paul, it looks spot on.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down