Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone....

4 posters

Go down

Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone.... Empty Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone....

Post by disabled modeler Sat 31 Dec 2016, 11:10 pm

Well I damaged my rotator cup in my right arm...never done that before. There going with physical therapy for now trying to avoid having a surgery. Guess Ill be on snap or promo like kits for awhile...?...good thing i do not mind them any...LOL...

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone.... Empty Re: Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone....

Post by GaryDainton Sun 01 Jan 2017, 9:45 am

Hope the physical terrorists can sort it Mark.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone.... Empty Re: Well I am keeping up with my reputation for being accident prone....

Post by disabled modeler Sun 01 Jan 2017, 12:23 pm

GaryDainton wrote:Hope the physical terrorists can sort it Mark.

Me too Gary...thanks. I have had too many surgeries already and do not want anymore of them. Last time after my accident in 96 I had physical therapy for 2 hours a day every other day for 9 months...had to learn how to do many things all over again..rough time for me. Ether way if it works Ill have to be very careful from now on with it...at least the pain level is getting better some.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Sun 01 Jan 2017, 1:29 pm

It kills me to watch them with my son, he needs it but hates it!!
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 01 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

GaryDainton wrote:It kills me to watch them with my son, he needs it but hates it!!

Gary buddy....I understand how he feels all to well...its no fun. I hope he gets better soon....pain is no joke for those that have to deal with it everyday and it gets old fast. Me I have nerve damage that causes 24/7 pain they can do nothing for other than strong meds that just take the edge off some. Be his strength...it will help.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jan 2017, 6:51 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Mon 02 Jan 2017, 6:15 pm

All the best for a fast and smooth recovery! Physical therapy is a bummer (I have my own home regimen, morning and evening, and it's a chore but it's also effective) but I just keep telling myself it's an invesyment.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Tue 03 Jan 2017, 12:32 pm

Thanks gents...its tough but I am fighting to get better...have to...there is too much plastic I still want to build sometime...LOL..

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 03 Jan 2017, 5:31 pm

The horrible problems with too many folks getting addicted to painkillers creates as much trouble as it sometimes helps. Some people NEED strong pain meds, and it's fine to take them as prescribed. Sadly, all too often they lose effectiveness over time which causes upgrades into more and more.
I wish more insurance coverage would be for mind training as well. It's been proven that for folks with pain for years after an amputation (phantom leg/arm pain) that mind,that is "thought training," can really help, and there are no side effects. We have a long way to go on brain research and getting off the prescription bandwagon.
As for carpal tunnel, the pain is real and surgery sometimes helps and sometimes not. Physical therapy and as with folks with back pain, the right exercise and careful use of the back can take the problem away instead of serious surgery. Same for arms and hands.
I wish u the best in the new year. May the pain fade like snow after winter. If it takes daily exercises, they are an investment in better living.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Tue 03 Jan 2017, 11:29 pm

Thanks Harron....I know first hand what strong pain killers can become less effective over time and your right. I have actually tried to teach my brain into thinking of pain as something else over time...it ether works some or I have just gotten use to it over the years...? Anyway...I try not to take any pain meds unless a last resort even though I am supposed to take them several times a day...hate taking that many. My doc has suggested putting me on a Morphine patch before and I flat out refused to be one them...I have enough on my plate already.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down