Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

+8
coyote
A5h
Grouchy
Dave from Pleasanton
harron68
Geezerman
VirusX
Shelby
12 posters

Go down

Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Empty Wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Post by Sam Sat 07 Feb 2015, 4:36 am

I have not been as active as a builder as I would have liked over the last seven months, and feel that an explanation is in order. Normal life with a job and three boys makes it difficult enough to make time for the hobby, but last July my mother-in-law was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Some of you know that we moved from Oregon to Wyoming five years ago. My wife went back to Oregon the first part of August to help take care of her mother, our boys went out in October to help their Grandpa out and spend as much time with Grandma as possible. We have been 1300 miles apart ever since. My mother-in-law passed away mid December, and we are in the process of moving back to Oregon. That way we can be closer to my wife's father and keep an eye on him. The wife, boys, and her Dad are going to be here in March to help pack everything up and do the actual move. My wife is trying to get a part time job out in Oregon by that time, so I can leave my job here and go with them. It has been difficult to work here and try and find a job there at the same time. I want to thank Al, Buck,Paul (2whl) and Chris, for all the support and help with the CB's when needed. I also want to apologize to the other Paul (Beowulf) for not getting my 1/144 airplane off the ground. I had it in primer when the phone call came in that my mother-in-law had died, and to let you know that I will be getting back on it, as well as starting a '40 Ford. The new CB guidelines are like a breath of fresh air for me. Building models has always been therapeutic for me, and the Bison was a big help when needed.

Thanks to all for making this a great site.
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Empty Re: Wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Post by Shelby Sat 07 Feb 2015, 6:04 am

My condolences to you and your family Sam. It's never an easy thing especially when distance is involved a lot of coordination is required and takes a toll on everyone. I'm sure work wise things will fall into place in time. The plastic will still be there when you get to it. Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. 3887228019
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Empty Re: Wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Post by VirusX Sat 07 Feb 2015, 6:35 am

I am sorry to hear about your recent hardships, Sam. There is never an explanation needed for why a member takes a leave of absence from a hobby. But always know there are lots of people here to help you out if you need it.

Hopefully things we work out for on your move and getting your family settled in back in OR. Good luck with everything and we hope to hear from you soon!
VirusX
VirusX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:57 am

Sam: I'm truly sorry to hear of your problems. I hope you will be able to rejoin your family soon. At times such as you have gone through family means more than ever. If there is anything that I can do just say the word. If you need a place to stop when traveling to Oregon you know you are welcome here. John

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Sat 07 Feb 2015, 12:01 pm

Good fortunes, Sam.
Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. 2776978727
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sat 07 Feb 2015, 1:52 pm

We do wish you well. Going through challenging times it can feel like being lost. When the hard days are passed we again see "normal" life and feel good again. Here's hoping your worst days are over.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave from Pleasanton Sat 07 Feb 2015, 5:09 pm

So sorry to hear of your family's difficulties. As important as model building is to all of us, it is only a hobby, and family is what really matters. My wife and I have been helping her Mother for the past number of years, paying back all those years when her Mother cared for her.
Dave from Pleasanton
Dave from Pleasanton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 5:34 pm

Best wishes for the future Sam, as Dave said above it's only a hobby and family comes first.

I've had a couple of similar "kicks in the teeth" this last month or so myself so i can sympathise with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 07 Feb 2015, 7:10 pm

I knew everyone would understand. Thanks
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm

I am , for one, glad that the worst is behind you. I am also looking forward to your move to Oregon. Now we will be able to see each other at the model shows. See there is always a sunny side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:33 am

I'm glad to hear that things are settling down some for you Sam and please pass on my regards to Pam.

No need for apologies either buddy. we're here for you my friend, even if it is only in spirit.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grouchy Sun 08 Feb 2015, 1:47 am

Sam,
Lori & I would like to extend our deepest sympathy to you & your family.
As stated above, no apologies are needed. I have always said that life gets in the way of our hobby(s).
As you move form Wyoming to Oregon, as you pass through Montana, if you need to make a stop, I am in Bozeman...Feel free to look me up.
I wish you all the best in your move & look forward to seeing back at it in the future....

Rick
Grouchy
Grouchy

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:08 am

Sorry to hear of your troubles Sam, I sincerely hope that the worst is behind you.

Modelling is a hobby and is meant to be done in spare time, not everyone has a lot of it so once your back on the straight and narrow i'm sure your bench will welcome you back without judgement.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well.

A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:14 am

Sorry to hear all of this Sam, and hope all gets better in the future.

As Buck said, a few of us will now get to see you more often. I live in Beaverton, just west of Portland. Where are you relocating to? We should get together to say HI.

pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coyote Sat 14 Feb 2015, 1:05 am

Hope it all works out for you and family. We are always here.
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

Thanks everyone. Been real busy with the move. Last day of March was my last day at work. Took care of loose ends and started packing in earnest. Loaded my pick up and 16 ft. trailer and brought a load out on the 10th, unloaded into a storage unit and turned around and went back for a second load, this time with the whole family. Got back on the 19th and unloaded again. 4000 miles driving in 10 days... The paperwork on the house should be finished and signed this week, then I get to take everything out of the storage unit I just put in, and take it over to the house.....then go back for a THIRD trip just to finish getting the last of the household stuff and garage. Who knows when I will get the cars brought out. I also figured out that I have WAY to many model kits, so when the dust settles my wife has volunteered to help me thin the collection out.

Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. 1578238153

Hopefully I will be able to set up a work area in the garage soon. She said no to the bedroom.

Wanted to keep everyone in the loop. 1792231099
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 22 Apr 2015, 8:27 pm

Good to hear Sam and sk Pam to thin your kits my way please!!! LOL

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:31 pm

Now that you are close to the Portland area there are lot's of shows with vender s. a table id usually in the 20 to 30 dollar range. Plus venders get in early to setup and you get to see what everyone else is selling. First shot at the good stuff so to speak.

First Sunday in May is Model Car Sunday at the Puyallup Elks. Big vender show. I know that the OSSM show in November in Kalackamas at the Denny;'s is a huge Vender's show also. When you get settled I will help you hook up with Dave Fletcher he is involved in both SABA Northwest and the Local IMPS Chapter. So he can help steer you to shows where you can sell the excess off and not have to doink with Evilbay.

Back to top Go down

Post by itsonlyakit Thu 23 Apr 2015, 8:03 am

While we are looping around in the Pacific Northwest there is an IPMS model contest happening in Renton, Washington State. The 2015 IPMS Seattle Spring Show, April 25, @ Renton Community Centre.

Cheers Eh!
itsonlyakit
itsonlyakit

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm

Sam, where exactly are you settling in Oregon? By the sounds of it, it is close to me in the Portland area. If you need any help, just send me a PM. I would be glad to help if you need a strong back for moving items.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Thanks Pete, its in Toledo, just east of Newport on Hwy 20.
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down