Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An elegant RHD conversion............

+3
Skid
Sam
webby
7 posters

Go down

An elegant RHD conversion............ Empty An elegant RHD conversion............

Post by webby Sat 19 Jul 2014, 12:05 am

Saw this on a local car forum & had to share it. From the gear lever & steering wheel it's a Frod.

I wonder what the engineering side is like...........

An elegant RHD conversion............ Aaa10
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

An elegant RHD conversion............ Empty Re: An elegant RHD conversion............

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2014, 1:23 am

Interesting conversion. Wondering why though; I thought you guys drove on the proper side of the road.  An elegant RHD conversion............ 524092055 

Back to top Go down

An elegant RHD conversion............ Empty Re: An elegant RHD conversion............

Post by webby Sat 19 Jul 2014, 2:21 am

JohnJ wrote:Interesting conversion.  Wondering why though; I thought you guys drove on the proper side of the road.  An elegant RHD conversion............ 524092055 

We do! Just that sometimes I drive on the wrong side of the car!
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 19 Jul 2014, 2:32 am

I like it !!! lol

I want to convert an old Falcon to right hand drive, I think I can pick up all the needed components off Ebay Aussie, just do not know if people will ship over seas or not.

Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat 19 Jul 2014, 9:12 am

LOL.... I guess the guy never knew if he was coming or going.!! LOL

Judging by the cobwebs, it's not been used in a LONG time!!

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sat 19 Jul 2014, 12:46 pm

Imagine a car thief stealing it! Or the owner, tipsy after spending the night out "with the lads!" That is hilarious.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2014, 6:49 pm

...but which side are the pedals on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2014, 7:00 pm

Sam wrote:I like it !!!   lol

I want to convert an old Falcon to right hand drive, I think I can pick up all the needed components off Ebay Aussie, just do not know if people will ship over seas or not.

Why do you want to do that Sam?
I drove a LHD Ford once and out of sheer habit put my left arm out of the window for the bloody gearshift!!!!!!!!!! An elegant RHD conversion............ 396455068 

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Mon 21 Jul 2014, 6:11 am

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse..................An elegant RHD conversion............ Steeri10

webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Mon 21 Jul 2014, 11:30 am

Like Skid, I noticed that this thing looked like it was abandoned, Lot of effort to end up in a salvage yard.
I about wet myself when I got to Webbys post !  An elegant RHD conversion............ 1792231099 
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

Apparently, the pedals are easier to move than the steering. Here in the U.S. high school Drivers' Ed. cars had the rod across with dual pedals for instructor to take over when students got in trouble. Here the postal vehicles use right hand drive, maybe we could import folks who "drive on the proper side " of the road.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbler75 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm

The Jeep in Webby's picture (Cherokee I believe) is what some rural Postal Routes use. These are easy conversions to do like this until Subaru stepped up and offered the RHD Outbacks to the US Postal. Gotta remember some places here in the US are on a tighter budget than others so they use and convert Jeeps as well as other vehicles to their needs. As for the first Picture. I want to guess that's a Mustang II or T5 Ghia that someone has a go at. LoL Too funny the lengths some will go through.
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itsonlyakit Tue 22 Jul 2014, 6:45 am

WHICH END DRIVE..........Had to toss this in, old Dodge custom? was created over 40 years ago. The body work is flawless, the only way I could figure which was the rear was the license plate expiry sticker (has to be displayed on rear).

An elegant RHD conversion............ DSC_0659640x427

An elegant RHD conversion............ DSC_0660640x426

An elegant RHD conversion............ DSC_0661640x427
Cheers Eh!
itsonlyakit
itsonlyakit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 5:22 pm

Good one Gord.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down