Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Newsletter sent out.

+2
beowulf
stevegt738
6 posters

Go down

May Newsletter sent out. Empty May Newsletter sent out.

Post by Guest Sun 25 May 2014, 6:09 pm

This is a post to let all members know I mailed a newsletter out at 10 AM PDT today. You should receive sometime today. The emails here are sent out directly so there maybe a short delay.

If you got the newsletter would you please post here. We are trying to make sure it is working properly. Even if you don't vote in MOM Please post here.

Hind sight I should have added this to the email. OH well to late now live and learn.

Back to top Go down

May Newsletter sent out. Empty Re: May Newsletter sent out.

Post by Guest Sun 25 May 2014, 9:50 pm

Buck: I got a newsletter email Friday, but nothing so far today. John

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 10:51 am

Got it, arrived here at 09.44 (Monday, UK )

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Mon 26 May 2014, 10:51 pm

No newsletter here as yet, but got the one sent last week. Seems to be a bit hit and miss. Bug in the forum software?
stevegt738
stevegt738
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon 26 May 2014, 11:21 pm

got one on the 23rd.....for some reason it went in the junk

beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 12:33 am

stevegt738 wrote: Bug in the forum software?
Don't know about that,  the newsletter came from bucks yahoo email addy.
Maybe it's a yahoo bulk mail error,  if so then I'd suggest installing Microsoft Outlook and integrating the yahoo mail address to that then bulk send from the outlook software.

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Tue 27 May 2014, 12:38 am

No newsletter here, but I got Buck's MOM email.

Cheers,

Chris
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Tue 27 May 2014, 2:35 am

I haven't got any of them and I do check my spam/junk folder  May Newsletter sent out. 3331969777 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Tue 27 May 2014, 5:30 pm

I just check my email and junk mail, but I don't have the newsletter. But not a big deal for me. What if instead of send out email with newsletter, open a post and update it periodically? So everyone can see it without problem.

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 5:01 pm

So it looks like the Newsletter problem is still not fixed, it's better but not fixed. The whole idea of the newsletter was to let people know when Model of the Month voting was open and when the entry thread for the next month was opened. Plus other things like Community Builds and anything the crops up that is important. Well things the staff think are important. By adding a link to the newsletter it make sit very easy for a member to click on the link, sign in and vote for MOM. The whole deal takes less than a minute. So even people that are not active at the forum can take part. So not only does it keep members aware of what's going on it makes it easy and convenient for them to participate.

About all I can do is ask everyone to check and make sure their email address is correct in their profile. Also make sure you check your spam folder. I couple times I haven't gotten the newsletter only to find it in my spam folder. I open it and click on "This is not spam" and then it will be okay for a couple months. So check your spam folder and see if it is there.

Making a post here that MOM Voting is open only reaches the active members and then only the active member that read that post. Many people don't read every post. Even on the staff things slip by we aren't aware of. I try to read every post just to check for junk posts. You are a great group and their are very, very few of them.

So in the mean time this is the best we have to work with but will continue to improve on it so that we can communicate with members at least once a month. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 30 May 2014, 5:49 pm

Thanks for all your time and effort Buck, it's very much appreciated.

I will contact the help forum again but I'd rather do it after the next newsletter goes out. If you can copy and paste the 'not received' list again that will give me some ammunition to fire.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 8:16 pm

Al I was the only one on the list this time. They sent an email to my email address telling me they couldn't send an email to this address. Kinda makes you wonder don't it. But if you will read the above thread there are several members that say they have never received anything. And didn't get the May newsletter. So it either doesn't work or they can't find it in a spam folder or something like that. Just not computer savvy enough to understand it all. I have never put Skid's Place on a spam list yet sometimes it goes to my spam folder all on it's own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 8:27 pm

Some online mail servers recognise the macros that are embedded into a "blanket" mail send or a "mail merge" and will either treat it like spam or like a virus (macros can appear as viruses to some antivirus software too)

I take it your email address is recognised as the default mail server address in the forum software buck, this could be a problem with it being a yahoo address if the forum software has been updated recently. (Hotmail accounts often caused problems when I ran a few forums and yahoo is basically the same structure.
Either that or yahoo could have updated things their end and this is causing a problem.

You could try sending a bulk email directly from your yahoo account to see if this is the problem or the forum.
If the yahoo account sends then the forums needing investigation.

Couple of things to try there, if you post your results and there's still no joy I could have a further look into things as I have a little spare time this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Fri 30 May 2014, 8:37 pm

Buck, are you sending these out from your E-mail address or from the admin. on Skids Place ??

They check the subject line on an e-mail and if it looks like a junk advertisement it will go to the spam/junk folder, use to do it with my forum and some times I had to send it twice to get to be sent   May Newsletter sent out. 2481775780
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 30 May 2014, 10:29 pm

What I don't understand, is why we have gone 12 months without problems, then suddenly, without any changes to members e-mails, we are now having problems!!

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 11:07 pm

Small updates to the forum or mail servers (even just increasing security featufes) can have a knock on effect with other things, sometimes data has to be re-entered or settings confirmed for things to work again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 12:14 am

I am thinking the same thing Al.

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sat 31 May 2014, 2:57 am

Al, I never knew any e-mail's are sent out cause I never have got any for as long as I've been a member until you put the post on here about it  May Newsletter sent out. 2481775780 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 6:55 am

John Johnston and Brizo said the same thing John. That's what has me wondering about it all along. How many members have not been getting them for over a year. And we never knew about it until this failure to delivery notice. I know there were others that said they have never gotten a newsletter but I can't remember the names now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down