Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking..........

3 posters

Go down

"Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking.......... Empty "Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking..........

Post by webby Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:30 pm

Anyone else remember ( I don't) or enjoy watching now ( I do) the police drama "Naked City"?

Circa 1958-63. I love the NYC street scenes & and oh the cars. Spotted a Mini, lost amongst the fins 'n' chrome a week ago.

Some big names like Robert Redford, Dustin Hoffman, Burt Reynolds and appeared in bit parts.

Cheers,

Chris
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

"Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking.......... Empty Re: "Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking..........

Post by harron68 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

Old TV shows were a showcase for up-and-coming talent. Many shows had a mix of "newbies" and over the hill movie regulars. Great to look back once in a while. "Wanted: Dead Or Alive" the McQueen Western is on the web and one episode had Michael Landon and Nick Adams as bad guys! The Clampetts' "Elly May" (Donna Douglas) was in a "Mr. Ed" recently, as I saw dialing around the TV. Thanx for your idea, 10-4.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

"Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking.......... Empty Re: "Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking..........

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

Oh Yes. Old TV shows are great for falling back into past memories.
As a kid, I liked 'Highway Patrol' with Broderick Crawford because of the cool cars.
In one episode, on Youtube,  it features a real period hot rod as the star - try and check it out.
Old 'Hitchcock' half hour episodes are good too. Steve McQueen appears in one as an Alien - really!
YouTube is the way to go !

The Naked City - 'there are 8 million stories in the Naked City - this has been one of them'

Last edited by DADOORONRON on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

I do remember that TV Show. I like the Twilight Zone for the same reasons. Sci-Fi Channel has a Zoneathon twice a year. They show the Twilight Zone from the beginning back to back. I always tune in and watch. Love the cars in the background.

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Thu 26 Sep 2013, 4:06 am

When I was a youngin my fav. Saturday morning show's where; The Rifleman, Roy Rogers, Have Gun Will Travel and the one I NEVER MISSED was SKY KING. Watched Howdy Doody and The Mickey Mouse Club also. MIC ( see ya real soon ) KEY ( cause we love you ) MOUSE "Naked City" No, it's not what you're thinking.......... 1792231099 
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum