Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry for not being too active here lately ...

+3
harron68
Skid
disabled modeler
7 posters

Go down

Sorry for not being too active here lately ... Empty Sorry for not being too active here lately ...

Post by disabled modeler Tue 12 Nov 2019, 12:01 pm

Hi brother and sister builders....

Sorry I have not been too active here lately been going through a lot with my dad lately been a rough time. he had severe leg pain and went to the hospital got wrongly diagnosed with severe arthritis but that was not the issue he had a blood clot in his leg they missed and after 2 days they had to amputate his right leg in order to try to save his life. hes doing better now but has a very long way to go yet as expected...been spending as much time as possible with him and my mom at the hospital. The surgeon that removed his leg said if they would have caught it earlier they might have been able to save his leg...makes me ticked at the first doctor that seen him in the ER to start with. Any way Ill be on here as I can its nice to get away from things here and there for a bit.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Sorry for not being too active here lately ... Empty Re: Sorry for not being too active here lately ...

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm

Omg, that is aweful, so sorry to hear about this Mark. No worries about being absent from here Mark, we all know of your struggles.
Stay strong buddy.

Back to top Go down

Sorry for not being too active here lately ... Empty Re: Sorry for not being too active here lately ...

Post by Skid Sat 16 Nov 2019, 2:01 pm

Goodness me Mark, I am so sorry to hear this news. It must have devastated your family. Stay strong my friend and know that I'll be thinking about you guys.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sat 16 Nov 2019, 4:14 pm

We're all in life's marathon of time. You have our best hopes for better days and time to unwind. We're here for you. Stay strong.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:40 am

Thank you very much gents...means a lot to me ...really dose. Well... I have good and bad news....my dad is doing some better but now my brother has been admitted to the hospital he got up yesterday and went to get a drink and passed out was unresponsive for awhile till the paramedics got there. he had a heart rate of 180...hospital found he has a blood clot too....starting to wonder who is next in my family..??? With my dad were going to have to find another house if we can in the near future that is user friendly for my dad and have my parents move in with us that wont be easy to find one we can afford here. I am beat with all the running around too...need some relaxing time maybe on the bench or ??? when I can. At least we did get my dad into the in house hospital rehab program. Yes the family is having a very rough time with things lately Curtis buddy...my dad was devastated as we were but Im trying to explain to him in time he will be able to do many things he loved still and if he cant we will find a way to make it happen for him in time. I appreciate all your very kind thoughts brothers...thank you so much.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sun 17 Nov 2019, 4:23 pm

Sending you positive vibes and warmest thoughts, Mark. Hope that things take a turn for the better or at the very least not get any worse. Take care of yourself and your family and we'll be here when you get back to the bench.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:39 am

KatsZenJammer wrote:Sending you positive vibes and warmest thoughts, Mark. Hope that things take a turn for the better or at the very least not get any worse. Take care of yourself and your family and we'll be here when you get back to the bench.

Thank you so much for the thoughts..etc. I need time back on the bench or at least a break form things for awhile. Visiting here is a good escape for a bit for me...need that. I have been thinking about some cool build project ideas to help keep my mind off things some..some are too cool not to try once I can...been way too long since I had any bench time in. My brother is doing better they gave him a shot to slow his heart rate down I guess it for a second stops your heart to lets it restart on its own at a normal slower level...???...seemed to work. He has a ton of tests there going to do yet. My dad will be in the hospitals rehab program for about a month yet if things go well for him. Thanks brothers...your the best.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sat 30 Nov 2019, 11:19 am

Well had a bit of luck yesterday from my friend that has a scrapyard....they had something come in they set aside for me knowing the situation and wanting to help out.   Got a aluminum wheel chair ramp for my dads place for now once he gets to go home....them knowing the situation and wanting to help they made me a deal one could not pass up on it...FREE...!    And they said anything I need to make it work will be too if they have it.  What a blessing.   My dad is doing some better but still has a long way to go yet...he is learning how to do some things differently now like use a wheel chair to get around some.  He needs to get his strength up and gain some weight though...everything wears him out a lot.

Me... Getting back to the bench is a dream at this point right now with everything going on but really need it..need to get to relax for awhile. But knowing the ones I want or need to work on I cant yet so mojo is way down in that world...kind of feels like why bother trying if one cant make them complete enough to... plus i cant dedicate any real time to them right now even though one has to keep or follow their true passions.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Tue 03 Dec 2019, 11:33 am

Well.... Some good news for a change. There saying if everything goes well my dad could go home as soon as Friday sometime but we have to have the wheel chair ramp up first so we have to get on that fast now. Hes going to need a lot of care but might get to go home soon at least.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Wed 04 Dec 2019, 1:01 pm

Mark, there's not much I can say, but I hope things get better soon.
Best wishes from Australia.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:33 am

webby wrote:Mark, there's not much I can say, but I hope things get better soon.
Best wishes from Australia.

Thank you webby....sadly my dad took a turn for the worse yesterday he passed a blood clot through his heart stopping it. They did CPR and shocked him and was able to get him back but he has some very serious issues has many blood clots in his lungs and around his heart. Any treatment outcome is uncertain at this point but hes still fighting. he signed power of attorney to my mom yesterday after he became more alert as was talking with us after the doctor explained what had happen to him and any possible treatment risks.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Fri 03 Jan 2020, 11:26 am

We gents there is an update on my dads situation...hes getting to go home today. Hes spent all the medicare time in there he has for now...2 months is long enough too he needs to go home. We will have to help him through his exercises and home therapy but at least he will be at home where he can get some real rest. One of us will have to be around with my mom since shes small and a bit weak herself so he has enough to do what he might need to there. Still no word from the Veterans Administration here since he served 10 year in the military so he can get the benefits they offer them. He has a very long way to go yet but were helping him fight and get better best we can.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sat 25 Jan 2020, 11:48 am

Hi gents an ladies....

An update on my dads situation...hes getting better finally. eating better more strength but not much but ill take any improvements. we got him fitted for a prosthetic leg the other day...hopefully it will be in soon..? He still needs a ton of care and help yet but improving a bit. I hope to be more active on here soon..miss all of you and the fun of seeing what your all up to.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sat 25 Jan 2020, 2:47 pm

great to hear some good news
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 26 Jan 2020, 2:00 pm

beowulf wrote:great to hear some good news

Thank you yes it is. The stress,etc. has been killing me. Got to find some time to try to get my mind off things a bit soon...I really need it. Its been a monumental task trying to help take care of him but it has to be done were doing everything we can to keep him at home and not in a nursing home which is one of his fears. I cant say it has not been a very rough time for us all..specially him. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and support it means a lot to me and us. To make matters a bit worse now im having some health issues to deal with again there looking into.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Sun 26 Jan 2020, 2:19 pm

disabled modeler wrote:

The stress,etc. has been killing me.  

know exactly how you feel
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 26 Jan 2020, 7:54 pm

beowulf wrote:
disabled modeler wrote:

The stress,etc. has been killing me.   

know exactly how you feel

Thanks... I am always willing to message with anyone here that might need an ear..can relate to many things.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sun 26 Jan 2020, 9:50 pm

Mark I am truly glad you have had some good news regarding your dad. Please pass on our good wishes to him and I hope he continues to make progress.

Don't worry about not being around Skid's Place, your dad is much more important. Take care of yourself also, stress is a serious complaint, so take time our for your sake as well as you dads.

Best wishes.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Mon 27 Jan 2020, 10:35 am

HI Mark, sorry to hear about the problems and hope your Dad is on the mend. Don't neglect yourself and I hope you find time to drop in here when you can. best wishes to all. G.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:28 am

Skid and Gary.... Thank you both for the well wishes I will pass them on to him from you all. Me..I have to take care of them first so Ill have to just keep going for them both best i can at this point. I have been run ragged for the last few months but still going. Hopefully sometime soon in the future things will slow down a bit give me time to relax some..?..I need that. I have a doctor appointment coming up soon myself...will be my last with her shes retiring I really like her shes a very good doctor wont be easy to find a replacement like her. I plan to drop in here every morning at least for a bit..get my mind off things for awhile some and look around at what you all are doing I really enjoy that. I do need to get back to the bench badly and relax some...been quite awhile now since I have. My dad will be 83 on Feb. 1rst and mines on the 7th...just want to make his birthday best as I can for him.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down