Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well call me stupid

+2
GaryDainton
kpnuts
6 posters

Go down

Well call me stupid Empty Well call me stupid

Post by kpnuts Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:59 pm

Hi all well what sort of idiot am I, with looking after Pam I shouldn't do stupid things, I wanted to cut a thin piece of plywood and the Stanley knife was easier to get at than the hand saw, I slipped and cut through the top corner of my thumb (right through the nail ) it was hanging on by a thin piece of skin (I could even see the bone) I've put it in place and bandaged it up (I can't spend all night in a and e as there would be no one to look after Pam, I'm hoping when the bleeding has stopped I can superglue it together (boy is it throbbing) I've dosed myself up with my cocodamol I usually use for my arthritis so hopefully that will take the edge off if not I will pinch a couple of my missus, they're 3 times stronger than mine.I'm so cross with myself when I have bigger responsibilities.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Well call me stupid Empty Re: Well call me stupid

Post by GaryDainton Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:32 am

Don't beat yourself up Ken, I know exactly what you mean but we have to go on doing our own stuff as well. That will inevitably lead to the occasional mishap. Superglue is great for that job (used it myself).
It'll be OK when the pain stops lol. Any sign of infection though get some antibiotics asap.

Keep on keeping on.
G.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:37 pm

Here's how it looked this morning.

Well call me stupid 6if96h

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

I have done the same thing before Ken...it happens to us all too. Mine cost me 6 stitches to close it up . Hope you feel better soon.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:12 pm

I'd be up to the GP at least to get that looked at Ken.
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:19 pm

I hate it when that happens. Take care my friend we all have accidents now and then.

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Thu 06 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

Hi all well i did another stupid thing today, took pam to the GP this morning as her ears were bleeding and I wanted to be sure there were no bad problems took the handbrake off not thinking and bashed my thumb on the handbrake surround the pain was so intense I thought I would pass out, I felt sick and of course I opened it up again so there was lots of blood anyway I sucked it up and took pam to GP's apparently she grazed the ear canal and that's where the bleeding was coming from, I must have looked a bit pale as the nurse asked if I was OK so pam blabed and told her so she checked it out and said it looked OK but that I had opened it up and should have gone to A and E in the first place (I know, I know, don't go on, you told me so, yada, yada, yada) she put some steri strips on and redressed it, pretty much the same as I did (minus the steri strips) I have got to say that really hurt, I've broken bones and (being a retired tattooist) I've done tattoos on myself for 9 hrs continuously but when I bashed my thumb on that bit of plastic that was the absolutely the worst pain I have ever felt, I've never come close to fainting before, I realise I've not experienced child birth but I will bet it was worse than that.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Mon 10 Oct 2016, 10:01 pm

Yikes, sounds like a bad one. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and sincerest hope that you may avoid that 'always hitting the injured spot' syndrome.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:10 am

Ouch! Do they sell foam rubber suits maybe you could rent for a while?

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down