Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locura City Hall

3 posters

Go down

Locura City Hall Empty Locura City Hall

Post by Ace Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:50 am

I built the 1/87 scale Locura City Hall for a Braille Scale group build a few years ago.
Locura City Hall 1_barn10
Locura City Hall 2_he_a10
Locura City Hall 3_he_i10
Locura City Hall 4_and_10
Locura City Hall 5_priv10
Locura City Hall 6_thin10
Locura City Hall 7_stil10
Locura City Hall 8_and_10
Locura City Hall 10_don10
Locura City Hall 11_wha10
It's a HO scale plastic out house kit. I added scribed wood for the interior walls with commercial tar paper roofing. The toilet paper is scratch built. I distressed the door and exterior walls with sand paper to warp and age them.

I had some help from Zeke, a sailor with size 12 shoes, who made the foot prints and carved his name on the wall.
Locura City Hall 1_feet10
Locura City Hall 9_zeke10

The diorama is a 4 foot long section of HO scale model railroad that I used to haul to shows in the back of my Nissan Sunny/Sentra (I had to take the back door off). The main line tracks plugged into several other modular sections of rail road to form a large layout known as the Monterey & Salinas Valley Railroad.

I did NOT build that lovely narrow gage trestle. My plans for Locura is to model a mercury and asbestos mining area like New Idria in central California. (The City Hall looks a little lost and lonely right now.) The narrow gage loop (directly behind City Hall) is HOn30 (aka HOn2&1/2) denoting a 1/87 scale model of a rail road that is 30 inches (or 2 and 1/2 feet) wide between the rails. Of course, I don't have any of these obscure locomotives!!
Locura City Hall Module10
If you are looking for the Packard, it is hiding at the foot of the trestle, behind the silver RR box car. The culvert with the Ford can just be seen at the front edge of the diorama, (but the Ford is out of sight behind the edge).Click Here to see the cars!
Ace
Ace

Back to top Go down

Locura City Hall Empty Re: Locura City Hall

Post by KatsZenJammer Sun 11 Sep 2016, 11:34 pm

That is one beautiful dio! The detailing is exquisite Locura City Hall 1705482731
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Tue 13 Sep 2016, 10:47 am

Great work Ace but I would need to be desperate to 'go' in there!! LOL

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down