Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Success, failier rates

3 posters

Go down

Success, failier rates Empty Success, failier rates

Post by kpnuts Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:32 pm

Hi all I've been going through my builds over the last 2 yrs and I've discovered I have about a 50 % success rate (this is based on what I consider a good build or a rubbish or shelved build) I then tried to analyse what went wrong on the kits I ruined and that is 100% painting problems.
Now what that tells me is my painting techniques are rubbish and I need to pay a lot more attention to that.
I'm interested to know what other people think their success failier rate is and what they think they need to work on.
I'm hoping this will be a useful thread and will help people to see their weaknesses. Obviously this will only work if we're honest. I would like people to give hints and tips on my painting and we could do the same for otheres who identify there weaknesses.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Success, failier rates Empty Re: Success, failier rates

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm

Interesting and provocative subject. Personally I never think of any of my builds as failures. As you stated Kats some are just better then others. I always find a positive aspect to any of my builds, no matter how small. I like to think that there are never failures in building, just an opportunities to learn something new and to find a way to fix any short comings.
This may sound completely strange and off the wall, I struggle with painting the most. I have simply become efficient at rectifying may issues. Patients and actually having a method that I follow every time continues to elude me.
As long as we are learning something new and progressing we should be happy. For me, building is my creative outlet.

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:20 pm

Interesting point indeed. I've never done the stats on a good/poor/ scrapped build. Like the above,
the exterior paint is my biggest issue. Either the application or when BMFing, the surplus BMF lifts the paint.
That really gets me and as the cause of a few kits going under my boot.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:06 pm

I will have to think about this one. Lately it seems if I finish a build it's a success. Success, failier rates 1792231099 Oh wait that ain't funny. Success, failier rates 4039365958

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:31 pm

EXACTLY! Success is finishing anything! When I built, after a hard or detailed model, I had the urge to go easy, and usually did one with few modifications. Not reaching full expectations, can be a state of mind. We see and know of minor flaws that others rarely catch. Failure is not completing a model . . . and we've all been there.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down