Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most of my models are water damaged

3 posters

Go down

Most of my models are water damaged Empty Most of my models are water damaged

Post by kpnuts Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:13 am

Well most of my models are stored in the outhouse. We had lots of rain and hailstones last night and the roof leaked right over where my models are stored, a lot of the guided parts of the Soliel will need redoing (they've gone all cloudy, I have them on the radiator hoping they will clear when dry) to say I'm upset is an understatement.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Most of my models are water damaged Empty Re: Most of my models are water damaged

Post by coyote Thu 03 Mar 2016, 10:49 am

Sorry to hear about this. Keep your chin up.
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Most of my models are water damaged Empty Re: Most of my models are water damaged

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 2:01 pm

Oh man that sucks. They should dry out, fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm

Hi all well the after a day to calm down and looking tonight, its not as bad as I feared, most of the bases are rubbished, but the models are ok and the guilding on the Soliel bits have cleared up (just a bit of staining on the transom )
the models just need a wash in clean water, the warspite dio base could be saved but to be fair its taking up too much space so will probably break it down and make some smaller dios I'm just glad the Thermopylae and Soliel hulls were in the living room.
here's the warspite dio
Most of my models are water damaged Iu4UA9G

Most of my models are water damaged NvXV6Eh

and here's the Soliel guilding
Most of my models are water damaged JSLZPu2

Most of my models are water damaged ORhQNib

As I said after a day to calm down not as bad as I thought, not too worried about the bases as I needed room anyway, so maybe its a good thing.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Fri 04 Mar 2016, 11:25 pm

In any disaster there is opportunity.  It means work to "redo" areas, but it's also a chance to change a thing or two that maybe you just didn't quite like.  I suppose that's why some builders remake their own old models.  in any case, good luck and have patience.  We all feel your pain.  Some of my old models didn't fare well over the decades, I learned to my regret.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down