Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A truly horrendous day

+3
Geezerman
dogfish7
kpnuts
7 posters

Go down

A truly horrendous day  Empty A truly horrendous day

Post by kpnuts Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:12 pm

Hi all just got back from taking my boss to Harrods to have her hair done.
I was parked at the side of the road in my usual parking place when a woman opposite opened her car door as a motorcyclist was riding past, nearly cut his leg off so (don't know much but I am a trained first aider or was 3 years ago) I spent ten mins with my fist in his groin to stop the bleeding till the ambulance arrived. It was gory but the worst thing was the female car driver was in hysterics the whole time, it may seem callous but I did my best to ingore her and reassure pete he was more concerned about her, I could quite happily gagged her if my hands wernt busy doing other things, I actually feel quite sick now I'm home. This all happened about 1:30 this afternoon. 

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

A truly horrendous day  Empty Re: A truly horrendous day

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm

I wouldnt say it was horrendous if you managed to stop a bloke bleeding out!

Well done !!!...... thats what I say !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dogfish7 Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:34 pm

You should be very proud to help save someones life. A truly horrendous day  1705482731
dogfish7
dogfish7
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:02 pm

Congratulations my friend. Today you were a true hero. You undoubtedly saved a life. Take pride in what you did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Fri 05 Jun 2015, 2:22 am

A truly horrendous day  2337884168
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

Hi all just a quick update I phoned the police this morning a got a very helpful woman, I explained what happened and where yesterday and asked how he was she said she would find out and get back to me, well ten mins ago she did he had surgery and is recovering his wife wants my address so she and her daughter can thank me in person, as the doctors assured her I certainly saved his life(I hadn't even thought of the bigger picture of course he's got a mum and dad, probably grandparents, maybe brothers and sisters) the thought of all those people all wanting to thank me for doing such a little thing, makes me want to cry and embarrasses the he'll out of me I said tell her that I am just glad he's ok and appreciate the thanks but that's all I need.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnag Fri 05 Jun 2015, 12:10 pm

Hi K,

Saving someone's life in by no means "a little thing", you made sure that it wasn't his time to go and without you, all the people that know the chap would all be in a bad way today and a little girl would now be fatherless, I take my hat off to you Sir...

Great to hear he is doing well...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Fri 05 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

LITTLE THING!!!!! I think not, well done. A truly horrendous day  3887228019
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Fri 05 Jun 2015, 12:48 pm

Being there, taking action to solve a crisis and likely saving a life . . . truly the best anyone can do!  The hysterics are forgivable.  We don't know how we'll behave when tragedy comes along.  One person loses control and another takes important action.  You did a very good thing, thank you!!!!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Fri 05 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm

Thanks all it really was no biggie all I did was plug a hole till the real hero's arrived, and yes maybe I've not been fair on the young lady, it was after all a moments carelessness and I know I've done similar things ( not that as being an ex biker I am well aware of checking before I open my door) but I could forgive her that as she obviously is not a biker biker, and maybe she didn't like the sight of blood. On reflection my actions regarding her were awful to say the least I paid so little attention to her, I couldn't tell you a single word she said , she was probably in shock and deserved better than she got. I am sorry for that. The end result was good but in hindsight I handled the whole thing terribly.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 5:33 pm

Nice job, and you are way to modest about the whole thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Thu 11 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

Hi all a small update on this. Due to the advice on here and other places ( and my missus put up a good argument ( what if someone did something like this for Mike or Tanya) I have spoken to Pete's wife and daughter. They said them and all of their family think of me as part of them and if ever I need anything or any kind of help they will always be there. Pete is due out of hospital next week, he had some nerve damage but hopefully all he will have is a slight limp. Just thought I would let you know how it ended, just incase anyone was interested.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Thu 11 Jun 2015, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the update, and in my opinion, you are a hero here.

Getting "doored" is also one of my concerns as a bicyclist, and when passing parked cars, I am always on the lookout if someone is in the car. I usually take the lane just to make sure this does not happen.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum